Monday, July 30, 2018

The Last Weekend in July

Happy Monday!  Another mini work week starts for me today.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't praying for a little rain this morning.  Softball camp starts today, followed by another coaches' training.  There is a chance of storms part way into camp today & I'd rather not drive over to work to get rained out, drive home, & then back again.  So rain dances everyone!


Linking up with Biana for the last weekend in July!

Friday
I tried to donate blood but despite taking an iron supplement, my iron was still too low this time around.  I rescheduled for a couple of weeks from now & will also be trying to eat more foods with iron in them until then.  Any good iron rich recipes??  I met up with my friend Lauren at the Drunken Donkey for a beer & some food.  She recently got back from a month long road trip with her dogs so I hadn't seen her since early June before I left on my own adventure to Minnesota.  Not pictured are the massive pork nachos & bacon thingies that we shared.  They are actually called bacon thingies & are the entire reason I wanted to go there ha.  They're chicken & cheese stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon.  I alternated between watching Friday Night Lights & Chopped while also recreating my living room on Excel so that I could see if I could logically fit a second couch in my living room... 

Saturday
I rearranged my bedroom, set up my new shelf to hold my records & my record player, went grocery shopping, got into a ridiculously stupid, out of nowhere "fight" with the cute boy I had gone out with a couple of times, that despite the fact that I was really starting to like him & think he was awesome, ultimately led me to peace out, & watched a shit ton of Friday Night Lights.

Sunday
I intended to go to church.  However, I did not.  I even got ready for it & was about to leave when I realized I was going to go to that second new church just to go to church.  Don't get me wrong, I still want to find a church that I like, but I knew going it that the one I was going to go check out wasn't my type of church.  It was the same type as the one that I went to a couple of weeks ago that I'm not a fan of.  So instead I hung out with Nash for a bit before heading up to Nebraska Furniture Mart to look at the couch & possibly buy it.  However, while in stock it wasn't on display.  And that place was super overwhelming so I bounced.  I can order it online if need be.  I do want to try to get financing on it though, even though it isn't that expensive, so that I can pay it off early & bump my credit score up a little bit again.

Earlier that day I had been whining about how I just wanted to get out of town.  That I wanted to just drive.  Trey text me as I was headed to NFM saying he was going for a drive, for the record he is not one of the people I whined to.  So when I got back home Nash & I headed to Trey's where we, along with his dog Layla, got in the truck & headed west.  He was/is trying to find different places to go floating at rather than the same couple of places he normally goes to & has to pay for tubes & shuttles at.  I was just along for the ride.  We stopped at Antebellum's for lunch, which despite being a place I love because of nostalgia, really isn't all the great.  The drinks are awesome & they have a great beer selection but the food is mediocre at best & seriously over priced.  That sandwich... $14.  We wound up all the way out by Possum Kingdom Lake near Hell's Gate... basically 2 hours from home.  When all was said & done I got home around 9:30-10 pm.  So exhausted from the heat & adventures that I didn't even eat supper.  I got Nash his food, both of us a ton of water, & then I crashed.  It was however just what I needed to get me out of a bad mood.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get out of town like you wanted to, if only for a little while! Sorry about the nothing fight you had with that guy...that's not fun! Hope you have a great short work week! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang cute boy! FNL episodes always make me feel better, well, and Coach Taylor, lol. Hope your week goes great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you need to get out of town and away... and yay it's raining right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you got some of the rain I got this morning!! $14 for a sandwich near PK is ridiculous. I'm glad you got out though! I'm seriously impressed with your excel skills if you can recreate your room. That's a talent for sure. I find Nebraska Furniture Mark 100% overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for getting out of town! So nice of Trey :) Sorry about cute boy though - thats no fun but hey, his loss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate when stores are overwhelming and will def just turn around and leave when that happens!

    ReplyDelete