Friday, July 27, 2018

Mini Work Week Round 1

Happy Friday!  I survived my first week back at work, sort of.  It wasn't even a full week, just 16 hours of volleyball camp, & I definitely napped 3 out of the 4 days...  Oh well.  Now I have a long weekend before I'm back to more athletics next week.  Linking up with Amanda!

From the blog
Monday: I shared all of the awesome food I ate over the weekend, as well as the most entertaining non-first date that I've ever been on... that wasn't even my "date"

Tuesday: With just 3 months left until I turn 30, I shared what I have & have not completed on my 30 by 30 goals list.

From the phone





What I was up to
Monday: Day 1 of volleyball camp!  It was rough.  Waking up at 5 & doing stuff at my own pace is one thing.  Waking up at 5, driving to work, & spending 4 hours doing volleyball related things with 2nd-9th graders is completely different.  I went to Chipotle after to get lunch with the other coaches before heading home.  I passed out for 2 solid hours when I got home.  I am so not ready to go back to work full time.

Tuesday: Day 2 of camp was still a little rough but I didn't need a 2 hour nap afterwards.  I did lay down for a little bit but if I slept it was for maybe 30 minutes tops.  Tuesday night I had a 2nd date with the guy from a week & a half ago.  We had planned on going to a bar but ultimately we had our dogs meet & play while we ordered Chinese food & watched a made for Netflix horror movie.  It was Open House.  It had it's moments where I hid behind my fingers for sure but I hated the ending.  He's a really fun guy!  And bonus: not only did Nash love his dogs, he was also a fan of the guy as well.

Wednesday: I did not sleep well Tuesday night so Wednesday was really hard.  My mom had surgery in the morning, which was part of the reason I didn't sleep well the night before.  It was just an outpatient surgery though & all went well.  I was pretty useless at camp though.  It took me until the 2nd session to wake up & was dead again by the end of it.  I got lunch again with the other coaches, called my parents on my drive home, & then passed out for a nap again.  Some friends & I had planned on going to a movie but I was exhausted so I bailed first, but then a couple others had something come up with work so no one went.  Instead Nash & I watched some Friday Night Lights & Chopped.

Thursday: Last day of camp!  Camp felt way longer compared to the first 3 days.  When we still had an hour left I thought we were done.  

Entertainment








4 comments:

  1. Whew you made it...it;s actually a good way to ease back in to the school year!! :-) Have a restful weekend so you're ready to tackle next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope your mom is making a speedy recovery!

    post more pics of your pup...so cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay you survived your first week back. Hope you get lots of rest this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2nd-9th graders?! That definitely requires a nap!! Glad your mom is okay and hope you were able to make up some of that lost sleep this weekend! Hoping for a speedy recovery. I'm sure it's hard to be so far away during times like that! <3

    ReplyDelete