Monday, July 23, 2018

Food, Fun, & Friends

My Monday morning alarm & I have been reunited again.  Not a fan.  Luckily work for me this week just means volleyball camp Monday-Thursday.  And because I'm just volunteering this year & not actually coaching, it also only means 7-12 vs 7-5.  I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!  Linking up with Miss Biana for a little weekend recap!

Friday
As one of our last remaining days of vacation, I met up with some friends who are also teachers.  Helen, Caleb, Steve, & I got Korean BBQ for lunch followed by some whiskey drinking and Redbox.  We watched Blockers which I thought was hilarious.

Saturday
I originally had no plans for Saturday so I hit up Einstein because I hadn't been there in FOREVER & then Nash & I just chilled at home to escape the fact that it was 110 degrees outside.  Side note: Fall where you at?!  However, my friend Trey had a date that was slowly starting to bail on him (they planned on meeting at 5:30 which turned into 6, into 6:45, into "I don't actually like burgers so I don't want to go where we agreed on," to "I have to wash my car") & so the two of us hung out instead.  Well, that was the plan anyway.  When said date found this out she got royally pissed & then changed her mind & hung out with us instead.  It was the most entertaining worst "first date" of my life.  Much better than Hulu.  She eventually realized that perhaps choosing to hang out with a couple of friends as the "first date," especially out of rage, was a poor choice so she went off with some other guy at the bar telling us that we had to leave... (insert eye roll here.)  We did however, we went off to find food & more shenanigans.  We started the night in Uptown Dallas at Malai Kitchen, then to Deep Ellum where we went to both the Green Room & Twilite (which is where she told us we had to leave), which led to Legacy Hall in a suburb of Dallas, and finally wings in Fort Worth before I decided I was too old to hang & missed my dog.

Sunday
I do not like waiting until 11 am to eat.  That being said, I LOVE brunch.  Plus, all the brunch is one of my 101 in 1001 goals.  (okay brunch 10 times is a goal...)  Helen, Caleb, Steve, Andy, & I met up at Mash'd in Frisco for brunch.  I had been to the one in Fort Worth but only at night to drink.  I really loved my food.  The bloody wasn't bad but it wasn't anything special either.  Most of the day was then spent in the pool at Steve's until it was time to go get more food & go home.  I wanted greasy food so burgers it was.  We went to Haystack, where I saw one of my former students & then Cinnaholic for dessert.  I didn't like it at all.  Steve & I shared that cinnamon roll & most of it got thrown away.  I had maybe 2 bites of it before calling it quits.

As for the "one of these things just doesn't belong here" picture.  My annoying neighbor, that I have complained about many a times on here, to friends, to management, to the cops... that's his dryer vent.  Homeboy is trying to kill us all by burning down the building.  I realize he's 22, & from the way he talks & acts has probably lived a very privileged life & is not aware that it needs to be cleaned out, BUT IT NEEDS TO BE CLEANED OUT!  I went back & forth between leaving him a note or putting in a maintenance request for him.  I was leaning towards maintenance but he has a dog, & I felt wrong giving them permission to enter his home without his permission.  Gosh darn conscience... 

7 comments:

  1. You had some seriously delicious eats this weekend! YUM! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much yum in this one post!!! At least work is 7-12 and you have evenings off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That "first date" sounds totally crazy! I mean, very unfortunate for Trey, but it's a great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely had some good laughs afterwards.

      Delete
  4. I also hate waiting to be told to wait to eat - one of my top 10 pet peeves - and so typically can't wait for brunch as well. How was Legacy Hall?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 7-12 isn’t too bad I guess and way less pressure volunteering. What a Cra Cra girl that was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. STAAAAHPP. Is Trey's date serious??!!?!? OMG I want to make a series out of these things and be like "Life: You May Be Doing It Wrong if This is You."

    I still think you should tell the office about the lint. Take a picture of it and slip it in the mailbox after hours or something. lol

    ReplyDelete