Friday, July 20, 2018

My Last Taste of Freedom

Well my friends, this was it, my last full week of freedom.  Starting Monday I'll be back to work.  I know I know poor me ha.  Linking up with Amanda!

1. From the blog
Monday: I recapped my weekend filled with dates.  A date with a guy, a date with a friend, & a date with church.

Thursday: I shared 10 recipes perfect for summer

2. From the phone




3. What I was up to
Monday: As has been true for pretty much every day since I got back to Texas, I did nothing.  The high was 101 so outside was not going to happen.  Instead I started watching 30 Rock & ordered pizza for supper... Pretty much right as I was going to bed my AC went out so that was fun.

Tuesday: The high... 104.  Luckily around noon they finally got my AC fixed.  Once it was fixed Nash & I enjoyed the rapidly slowly falling temp in the apartment.

Wednesday: The high... 106.  After spending pretty much the entire time I've been back in Texas saying I was ready to go back to work, I went back to work.  Turns out I was not ready.  It wasn't even real work.  It was an optional 4 hour training that I chose to go to.  I chose to go because I thought I wanted something to do.  I chose to go because I missed my coaching friends.  I chose to go because it meant getting PD hours out of the way.  It. Was. Exhausting.  (yeah yeah poor me lol)  Afterwards I did get to go out to lunch with my friends which was awesome.  A nap also definitely took place when I got home which was almost as equally awesome.

Thursday: The high... 108.  The first part of the day was spent hanging around home & watching more 30 Rock on Hulu.  Around 2 Nash & I headed to Helen & Caleb's so we could hang out with friends for a few hours.  I hadn't seen Helen, Caleb, & Steve in probably a month & a half.  Nash hadn't seen their dog in months!  Unfortunately the fun had to end early for Nash & I so we could go to his Stop Being An Asshole Relaxed Rover Class.  I'm still thinking I wasted my money... we'll see, 3 more weeks to go...

4. Random Thoughts & Things
-I thought I was so ready to go back to work, I am not.  Mostly I'm not ready for the daily 5 am alarm & the sitting in traffic for an hour everyday.

-I feel like next week's class for Nash will determine if I wasted my money or not... I think I did.

-I'm going through a social media slump.  I don't really care about any of it.  There are days when I don't have any ideas for the blog so instead of always coming up with something random, I don't post.  This week is a prime example.  I used to post 3 times daily & now there are days when I just don't post.  It's not great for my 10k followers goal on my 101 in 1001, but I don't care at the moment.

-The other day I was throwing around the idea of moving elsewhere after this school year, like out of Texas elsewhere.
5. Entertainment







8 comments:

  1. The weather highs are insane - stay cool girl! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids here just went on break two weeks ago and are off till the end of august so its insane to me how early you guys start back. We're still in July!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weather makes me hate absolutely everything. Best of luck on your first day back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those highs are killer! I thought our 90's weather was bad. I'm totally not looking forward to going back to work either. I have PD days before the official start date. . that are not optional. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The heat is insane. I'm so glad that Townview had the AC running this week. We'll see if BA is as good to us next week. Glad you were able to knock out some PD. Any ideas where you would want to go next??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was never ready to go back to school. Ever. I loved the job, but I loved the freedom of summer more! Good luck on your school year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oof that weather sounds brutal. Thank god your AC got fixed! And seriously, telling the class a fun fact about yourself is terrible haha.

    ReplyDelete