Tuesday, June 19, 2018

I Woke Up In Nashville

Last Monday, June 11, baby brother & I packed up my car & hit the road for Nashville.  If I were a better blogger I would give you a more detailed description of what all went down.  However, it's 8:05 am on Monday as I am starting to type this up & I still need to get dressed for real & pack up to head to Canada today with my cousin Becky.  Once she leaves her house I have an hour until she arrives & that could be at any moment...

So now that you've gotten my excuses as to why this post will be mostly pictures, let's get on with it shall we...

Early in the morning the 3 of us headed east towards Nashville.  Much of the trip Nash acted as a little traitor & decided to stick close to baby bro.  Rude!

We didn't do a whole lot while we were there, as our main purpose of being there was satisfied on night one (more on this later.)  We did however find a couple of murals, walked around Centennial Park, & also went to Harlinsdale Farm in Franklin to walk around & take some really pretty pictures.  The farm used to be a 200 acre horse farm.  #LifeGoals

We of course hit up Broadway.  Mostly for pictures though, we only stopped into one bar since we had to be up early the next day.  We got some really awesome skyline photos & got to hear some good live music too when we popped into a bar for a beer before it started storming.  Awhile back I bought a pack of Sneaky Cards on Amazon.  I mostly forgot about them, & pretty much forgot about them on the trip too, but we did manage to leave 2 behind.  I left one with a tip for the musicians & then another in an Uber.  Basically each card has a different task & when you complete it, you leave a a card behind & they're supposed to do the same.  Basically a pay it forward game.

Hattie B's... the entire reason we went to Nashville.  I had been craving it since I was last there nearly 2 years ago so when my brother asked me about hot chicken while in Dallas, I knew we were going to hit up Nashville on the way home to get the real deal.  We also got sushi because I hadn't had it in 5 years & felt like I needed to give it another shot.  Nope.  Still nope.  But at least I tried, & fell in love with pork dumplings.  Our last Nashville meal was at The Row.  SO SO GOOD!  I would definitely go back.  The food was amazing, the drinks were good, the vibe was really chill, & there is ALWAYS live music.

And finally, what everyone really cares about... Nash in Nashville!

4 comments:

  1. We'll be heading to Nashville in August - you'll have to give me some tips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If nothing else you HAVE to go to Hattie B's!

      Delete
  2. I have definitely traveled solely for food lol. How far is it from you? I'm heading to Nashville in December, and Hattie B's is at the top of my list! Love the pics of Nash in Nashville too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved nashville - it's such a fun city! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete