Monday, June 18, 2018

Back Home

Hey everyone!  I'm back!  Sometime this week, if I can figure out how, I'll be making the switch to Disqus.  (I may have slightly struggled on my one & only attempt so if someone wants to dummy it down for me... or do it for me... I'll love you forever!)

I hope that everyone had a great weekend.  Mine was really low key, which was nice considering I had just spent 4 days on a road trip with my baby brother & today I'm on a 2 day road trip to Canada with one of my cousins.

You can expect a lot of travel recaps this week on the blog...

Today however, I'm linking up with Miss Biana to recap my low key weekend.

Friday
Friday was SUPER low key.  Nash got to spend some time outside & enjoy being a country dog.  He is much happier in the country than he is in big cities.  My brother & I went into town to have lunch with my mom at work.  We picked up some tacos from the taco truck in town.  My dad got home from being away for work that night & so he, my mom, my brother, & I went to the A&W Drive-In.  Why aren't drive-ins still a big thing?  Not Sonic... I don't count Sonic.

Saturday
Saturday we all hung around the house most of the day again.  I did go out to my grandparents' with my parents so I could see them while I was home.  That night we grilled some steaks to celebrate Father's Day.  We also drank some moonshine that my dad bought when he & my mom came to visit me in Texas back in March, holy goodness it was strong.  I pretty much got an instant buzz off of it.  Nash & my brother's cat Suki are still unsure of each other.  Poor Nash is just too much for both the cat & my parents' dog Jack.

Sunday
Sunday was, you guessed it, LOW KEY!  It was spent napping & watching a storm roll in.  We were under a tornado warning for awhile.  On the bright side no tornado touched down so no damage was done.  On the flip side that means I still haven't seen a tornado in person & I REALLY want to.  When the storm finally passed we grilled some brats for dinner.  I called Pickles after supper because even though we talk everyday, we hadn't actually talked on the phone since Monday & I missed hearing him.  I however was too chickenshit to actually tell him that I missed him while on the phone.  Nashy put himself to bed around 8 & whined for a little bit because I wasn't also ready to go to bed with him.  I may be old but not go to bed at 8 pm old.  Okay sometimes I am... but I had taken a nap earlier so... I did go to bed about 9 so it's not like I stayed up crazy late.  The nice thing about having a dog that wakes me up between 5-6:30 everyday is that my sleep schedule no longer gets out of whack because it's summer.

12 comments:

  1. I love LOW KEY! And that Nash is a country dog like his mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it funny that he prefers the country since all he has ever really known is the suburban apartment life. I am however grateful because eventually I want back out in the country.

      Delete
  2. Girl, low-key weekends are almost always the absolute best thing - especially after being busy for days and weeks before! Also, I'm totally with you on the drive-in thing. We love the little stands, and we're thrilled to see a lot of little walk-up joints out here now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Low-key weekends are the best! I hope you have a great trip to Canada. I use disqus and was so nervous about making the switch at first but I watched a few youtube videos that were really helpful, and also you can email the help section on Disqus for additional assistance. I love using it now and I love that people can see and know when I respond. I feel a lot more connected with my readers. Best of luck and let me know if you have any questions and I can try to help. Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll definitely check out YouTube for some help!

      Delete
  4. The switch is easy, the import is a PITA.
    My in-laws think that Firefly Moonshine is like a cordial they sip, which cracks me the fuck up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness! Even after adding lemonade to it I was less than one & done!

      Delete
  5. Sometimes low key is just what we need.
    Those steaks look good.

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could definitely go for a low key weekend, but we dont have one at all this summer :(

    ReplyDelete