Monday, May 21, 2018

The One With The Boy

Happy Monday everyone!  It is my last Monday of the school year & I could not be happier!

Linking up with Biana to recap my event filled, but nearly picture-less, weekend.

Friday
Friday I left work ASAP so that I could get home, take care of Nash, & get ready for my date.  We met up at Maggiano's at 8 for dinner where I presented him with a jar of pickles because I am equal parts funny and adorable.  The week before we were talking about bloody mary's & he said he was out of pickles...so I brought him pickles.  After dinner he briefly showed me his job site since we were right there & he had to take care of something & then it was off to Taste of Addison where we met up with one of his friends & his friend's girlfriend.  We missed Whiskey Myers but we did get to see Casey Donahew.  At the end of the concert the four of us headed to a nearby bar for a drink before all going home.

Saturday
Saturday I got to see him again in the afternoon.  We met up at Deep Ellum Brewing Company for the Paws in the City Pups & Pints event.  We both brought our dogs & hung out for a few hours drinking beer, talking, & meeting other people and dogs.  I was so exhausted from getting very little sleep the night before & the heat that day so when I got home I ate supper, McDonalds..., passed out on the couch around 7:30-8, & then just went to bed at 8:30.  Living crazy over here people!

Sunday
When I woke up Sunday I watched some stand up comedy on Netflix for awhile before being somewhat productive by grocery shopping and doing the dishes.  That afternoon I met up with my friend Maria for the Bloody Mary Festival in Deep Ellum.  I had wanted to go last year but couldn't find anyone that could/wanted to go.  This year I almost didn't go either because tickets were like $55.  However, I won a pair on Instagram.  After we had tasted our way through the festival we headed across the street to Dot's Hop House & Cocktail Courtyard.  Neither of us had ever been there before despite the fact that every single time I'm down there I'm like "WHAT IS THE AWESOME LOOKING PLACE?!"  Around 5 I headed home so that I could clean some more before (guy who is going to need a nickname) came over.  We ordered pizza from Marcos & watched Hostiles.  Nash is pretty much obsessed with him.  I think he's pretty great too.  There are very few people I can see 3 days in a row & still want to see them again pretty much the second we part.  It's definitely been a long long time since I've felt that way about any guy.  Now to just take it one day at a time.  Surprisingly he actually makes me feel pretty calm in that department... as in I haven't been over here over-analyzing every little thing that is or isn't said.  Fingers crossed people!

Have a great Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Ooooo now this guy sounds promising! Looking forward to hearing the nickname!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very promising and exciting! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh things sound like they are going well so far!! That is awesome. I'm so very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m so excited!! 3 Days in a row is soooo good! And Nash approved...a big YES!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! Fingers crossed we can hang out again before I go out of town this weekend!

      Delete
  5. Woooo how exciting! Yeah, being able to tolerate him three days in a row, that is a good sign!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crossing all the things. Maggiano's is tasty and a good place for a date. (My husband would approve. It was his date place, lol.) HOW IS THE BLOODY MARY FESTIVAL $55?! THAT IS IN.SANE. (Never heard of it... BUT INSANE.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is insane! Having now gone, I would never pay that much to go. It was fun, but not $55 worth of fun.

      Delete