Friday, May 18, 2018

In The Single Digits

Happy Friday!  The first half of this week too FOR-EV-ER, even though I took Tuesday off.  But here we are.  It is finally Friday!  I have a date tonight & I actually have a really good feeling about this one.  Fingers crossed!  After today I only have one more Monday, one more Friday, and 8 total days left of school!  Even better, the last two of those are half days!

Linking up with Amanda.

Phone Photos

Tuesday I took the day off because I still had a day & had a doctor's appointment that afternoon.  It was just easier to take the whole day & know I had a sub rather than try to con ask other teachers to cover my last two class periods.

Nash got to go to the dog park THREE times this week!  The last time we went he was so excited he started whining as I was pulling up wanting to get out & then zoomed the whole way from the car to the park.

Wednesday night the volleyball team had a spirit night at Chick-Fil-A.  I may have mentioned this before, but when I first moved to Texas Chick-Fil-A was SO hyped up to me that I did not like it.  I didn't hate it but I tried the regular chicken sandwich two or three times & I just thought it was mediocre at best so I NEVER go.  At the end of volleyball season this past fall the other freshmen volleyball coach & I bought the girls Chick-Fil-A where I fell in love with the Chick-N-Minis.  At spirit night I also learned that I love the spicy chicken deluxe.  You win Chick-Fil-A... you win.

Thursday night the volleyball team, along with a couple of our other sports teams, got recognized at the spring football game for making it to state playoffs.

Facebook Funnies

Another coach tagged me in this & I REALLY wish we could put this in the locker room...


This is 100% accurate & explains why I am the way I am... thanks daddy!

Weekly Wrap Up
On the blog I talked about my weekend that did not go as planned, including getting stood up on a date.  I also wished my "baby" brother a happy 26th birthday.

I took Tuesday off for a doctor's appointment but spent the day hanging out with Nash & lounging by the pool with a book & a homemade margarita.  That night I also had a date & holy crap I need to get better at leaving dates.  I was so bored but still sat there for 2.5 hours because I didn't know how to leave without making him feel bad...

I finished two books.  That's right, TWO!  I should have jumped on the audiobook train earlier.  I am reading a hard copy of The One & Only currently but because I have such a long commute, & had a messed up hard copy of The Girl on the Train, back in March I got a free trial of Audible.  I downloaded The Girl on the Train & Unfu*k Yourself as my two free books.  I listened to The Girl on the Train & then cancelled my subscription.  But then I decided to give Audible another shot.  So this week I finished Unfu*k Yourself & You Are A Badass.  I'm currently listening to Girl Logic.

I won tickets to the Bloody Mary Festival!  (So now you have TWO things to look forward to on my weekend recap on Monday...)

Round-Up of Random
This is not the video I wanted to show.  THIS ONE is.  But the above video is the one that made me fall in love with the adorable little kid.  Just watch them both.  They'll make you smile.

This song really isn't all that new anymore, at least by music standards, but I am obsessed with it.
Chris Jansen - "Drunk Girl"

There is apparently a Margarita Mile in Dallas & I am all over that.  Two of my student teaching roommates (the two on the left) are even talking about trying to come down so we can do it together... I haven't seen them since 2013!  (That was our last night of living together in April 2012.)

5 comments:

  1. Jake Boone is too cute for words. He can come do my grocery shopping anytime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers and Toes crossed for tonight!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YYYAAASSSSSS audiobooks!!! Seriously though, go to the library and get a card and do all the audiobooks through them and then you won't have to pay that monthly audible fee. And be on the lookout for "buy a year for $99" specials, which is their best sale, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope tonight is super fun. I have my fingers and toes crossed for ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL at the running your mouth e-card. That's how I feel about a lot of people right now. I wonder if we should try and host a Chic-Fil-A fundraiser... it's basically a region for my staff. You've never seen so many people so hyped for CFA. Yay for almost being done with the school year.... we've started graduations but they still aren't done. I think the last one is on June 5. So confused. Don't know when this year will actually be over. LOL

    ReplyDelete