Monday, April 30, 2018

The Last One In April

Happy last day of April everybody!  Or as Justin Timberlake would say...


Not only is this a short week, but one of my best friends from Minnesota is coming down to visit.  Basically, it can't be Thursday night quick enough!

Linking up with Biana!

Thursday
I wish I could say that Thursday was the official start to my weekend, however it was more just like a weekend preview.  Originally I was supposed to take Friday off to head down to Houston for the weekend.  However, those plans changed.  By Tuesday however I was like, "Nope, I just can't with these kids right now."  So I decided to take Thursday off.  Holy Hannah it was glorious.  Nash of course still woke me up a little after 5 but I did get to take a nap later.  I spent the day drinking beer, listening to Eric Church on vinyl (since I was no longer going to see him in Houston on Friday), went to the dog park with Nash, & finally wrote on some canvases for what will eventually replace the American flag above my record player.  I'm not sure yet if I'm 100% happy with them so I might start over with them but we'll see once I get some frames.  That afternoon I also found out that I won tickets to the Whisky Extravaganza via Dallas Love List on Instagram.  Because I almost never go to fancy things, I made a Target run and snagged this dress for $28!  Win!

Friday
I finally got to be a part of a Yelp Elite event!  It was an all week thing where you just had to stop into the place at some point to get your free items.  A new bakery, Sweet Hut Bakery & Cafe, just opened up in the town right next to the one I work in.  We have 3 lunch periods at the school I work at.  Normally my class has the 2nd lunch.  However, on Friday I decided to give them the 3rd lunch since I have the following period off so that I could run to the bakery & get my items.  I tried milk tea for the first time ever & I actually enjoyed it.  I didn't know that I would since I'm not a huge milk fan but I figured it was free so it was a good time to try it. 

Now I'm just impatiently awaiting to see if I get to attend a brunch on the 12th...

After work I zoomed home so that I could take care of Nash & get ready for the Whisky Extravaganza.  It was held at Union Station in downtown Dallas & it was so pretty there.  I never, and I mean literally NEVER do fancy things.  It was a lot of fun to get to play dress up, be in a fancy downtown location, & get to sip free whisky and eat amazing free food.

Afterwards I wanted pizza, because it was time to keep it real... so we headed to Deep Ellum.  However, the place Raeann was thinking of wasn't there anymore.  So instead we headed to The Freeman because they're drinks are delicious but also have really fun "ingredients."  I always get the Magnolia which is really just bourbon & Grand Marnier.  However, the ingredient list also includes "crushed childhood dreams."  I got the wings which I was not a fan of at all.  But instead of just leaving them there, I got them to go so that at a later time I could wash them off & reheat them with Frank's Red Hot... (which is exactly what I did Sunday afternoon...)

Saturday
Saturday Nash & I headed to the dog park again.  He was not really having it.  We got there before anyone else so he spent the first 20 minutes either walking around by himself or staring at the gate waiting for friends.  But then friends showed up & he ran a lap before coming back to just lay down by me.  Eventually he did play for a little bit but then it was time to head home so I could get some grocery shopping & food prep done for Helen & Caleb's party later.

At noon I had an hour and a half massage.  I am 100% sure that I fell asleep a couple of times.  I am also 90% sure that I snored a couple of times.  Sorry not sorry lady.  Okay kind of sorry...  Needless to say it was AMAZING.

After the massage I finished the rest of the food prep & then headed off to Helen & Caleb's crawfish boil.  It was a ton of fun.  There was beer pong, some frisbee game, a photo wall with props, great food, & awesome people.  However, around 7ish the headache I had had slowly building all day got awful so I disappeared to lay down on the couch.  By 8:30 I just called it quits and headed home because it was only getting worse.  I wound up getting sick not long after I got home.  While I'm sure it was a combination of the heat, probably being dehydrated, & already having a small headache to begin with.  I'm going to blame the fact that on a regular day I drink probably way too much coffee & hadn't had a single drop of caffeine at all that day.  I made a cup of coffee (as per my dad's instructions) before I went to bed & sipped that which really did help a little.

Sunday
I woke up the next morning still with a little headache so I reheated and finished my cup of coffee from the night before & the headache instantly went away.  I learned 2 things from this.  One, maybe I should back off just a tad with how much coffee I normally drink.  But also, it's going to be a long ass time before I go a day without any coffee again.

Sunday was a straight up chill day.  It got hot really fast so Nash & I never made it to the dog park.  Instead we just lounged around on the couch most of the day napping, watching TV, playing with toys, & taking a couple of walks around the apartment complex.  My Cavender's gift card finally came in the mail so I am getting new boots ASAP!

9 comments:

  1. We finally had a sunny weekend - we ended up going to the lake and the dog got some swimming time in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! And yay for going to a Yelp Elite event! I love love love all things Yelp, so that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such cool stuff! This week will fly by and you can get to hanging with your girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh looks like an awesome weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post- love the JT image of May!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool that you're part of Yelp Elite! I'm already looking forward to the weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun weekend! I love that dress you got and that price!! And I hear ya on the coffee, I drink so much every day I don't know what would happen to me if I ever didn't drink as much as I do hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of the Yelp Elite events I've wanted to go to lately have been not with a +1, which would mean leaving Teh German at home, which is a real bummer, so I've passed. Makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete