Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Happy Pi(e) Day

Make a pie on Pi Day has been on my 101 in 1001 list since, well since I made it nearly 1001 days ago.  My current list started on June 27, 2015.  That means that I had 3 chances to do it.  Didn't do it in 2016.  Didn't do it in 2017.  So obviously I waited until the last possible chance I had, 10 days before the list ends.  This morning my friend Emily will be leaving to head back to Austin, & my parents will be arriving sometime this evening, making it a perfect day to make some pies.

I'll be making two pies, mostly because the freezer crust that I bought came in a two pack.

I originally just planned on making a Blackberry Peach Pie.  

The recipe calls for 1 square of frozen puff pastry.  Frozen puff pastry was $5.  Two pre-made pie crusts, in their own pie tins meaning I didn't have to buy those as well, was $2 or $3.  Winner winner chicken dinner.  

I picked up a package of chocolate fudge pudding/pie filling for the second pie.

Now I just need to make sure to share so I don't wind up eating two whole pies by myself...

4 comments:

  1. Have fun with your parents, so sweet you made pies, you should’ve left one in my doorstep this morning, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you were closer I would so bake you a pie!

      Delete
  2. These look delicious. I much prefer this kind of pi day, instead of waiting on MIT decisions to drop...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did they turn out?! They look delicious! My mom's birthday is pi day and we have never made her a pie...how crazy is that?!

    ReplyDelete