Tuesday, February 27, 2018

8 Years In Blog Land



8 years ago this past Sunday I wrote my very first blog post in this little space of mine.  Since then I have posted over 1700 times.  For quite sometime now I have been wanting to clean this space up...as well as buy my own space.  About a month ago I actually started going through old posts & got stuck so I didn't actually get rid of any.  I know when I get to the ones with the broken images they'll be an automatic delete but what about the others?  Some of them I was reading them & thought "what in the world was the point of that??"  Others I knew the point (my old 5 on Friday for example) but the point is so over & done with that I'm wondering if it still matters.  My old 5 on Friday was 5 things I loved about my boyfriend of the time.  I haven't been with that boyfriend in over 7 years...  so do I keep them or delete them?

Have any of you ever gone through your old blog posts to clean them up?  What did you keep?  What did you delete?  How did you decide?  

There is a part of me that feels like I wouldn't regret it because it's just clutter & irrelevant but then there's a part of me that feels like it's what made my blog my blog.  You can definitely see the changes that blogging in general have gone through over the past 8 years.

I know this isn't the typical look back, but I do the same basic look back every year with these are my popular posts & what not.  This time around, instead of looking back, I want to try to figure out how to move forward with this space of mine so I don't get overwhelmed or bored with it.

7 comments:

  1. Happy 8 baby girl! I love your voice, keep the eclectic mix of posts coming!! Everything like fine wine gets better with time!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never deleted or cleaned up any old posts, but I know some bloggers who have and said it was a very long and tedious process. Others just started new blogs altogether. If I did go back and edit those posts though, I'd probably just delete or fix the broken links and broken pics, but leave the content because like you mentioned, that's kind of what made my blog mine. As for your old 5 on 5- it was a part of your life, and those things did make you happy at the time so I'd leave them, but of course that's ultimately up to you. I don't think too many people are going to look back into your archives to see what you were posting about 7 years ago! Happy 8th blog-i-versary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on eight years of blogging! I go back over some of my older entries occasionally, most of which were utter crap but I leave them out there, anyway. Sometimes I think I should go through my music posts and replace the videos that have mysteriously vanished, then I think, nahhhhh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably just delete things that have 0 content because of broken links.

      Delete
  4. That's amazing! Congrats on 8 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I leave all of it. I deleted a myspace account, to include the blog, and I am still sad for all the time lost. I leave the broken links, I leave the shitty posts.. because they are evidence of things that have transpired and just go to show all my personal growth.. lol

    ReplyDelete