Monday, February 26, 2018

Boots On A Dance Floor

Monday is back!  I am so ready for spring break it's unreal.  I have completely checked out, which is not good considering I'm the teacher...  I have a short week this week since I'll be heading back to MN on Friday for a wedding so hopefully that'll help.

Before I get to my weekend, I wanted to quick link up with Andrea & The Blended Blog for a gift exchange I participated in.  I got paired with Kasey who blogs over at Days of a Wife who got me this super cute scarf & the awesome bracelet that I'm in love with!


Now on with the weekend!  Linking up with Biana!

Friday
After having chaos at work on Thursday, I was hoping that Friday would be smooth sailing.  Instead my allergies were insane, I was tired, & I wound up writing up 2 kids because the kids were going nuts!  You can tell spring break is coming!  After work I headed home to take care of Nash & lay down for a bit before meeting up with my friend Ryan & one of his friends for some Cane's.  Now don't get me wrong, I love Cane's chicken, but I seem to only ever eat there the twice of year that he's in town for work even though I live not that far from one.  Since having it Friday though I want more!  Give me all the chicken tenders!  Plus, that Cane's sauce... mmm.  My allergies were so bad though that after we left, I bought some meds, & went to bed.

Saturday
On Saturday I did a thing!  I got me a new car!  I had originally wanted to go test drive a silver 2015 Impala that had really low miles & was low priced because of some minor hail damage, but when I called on Friday to see if it was still there, it had already been sold.  So I did some more research & found a 2016 Impala I wanted to test drive over in Dallas.  While looking through the listings though I saw a pretty much identical Fusion that was closer to me.  They were the same color, same year, within $80 of each other, & within 805 miles of each other on the odometer.  Since the Fusion was closer I decided to test drive that first & then possibly go look at the Impala after.  I never did make it to see the Impala because within a couple of hours I was walking out with my pretty new Fusion.

It has a backup camera!

I hung around home for a little bit with Nash before getting ready to go out with a few friends.  We went dancing & it was so much fun.  It had been way too long since I had last got to go dancing.  I'm really hoping that in a few weeks when my schedule slows down a bit, at least on the weekends, it means more nights like this can happen.


After dancing for hours & hours a few of us left, hit up Waffle House, & then called it a night.  I got home around 3 am which is the latest I have been out in a REALLY long time.  3 am is not something I can do all the time that's for sure.

Sunday

Sundays are meant for recuperating.  Nash did not care that I did not get home until 3 am.  We were up at 6:30 am.  We compromised though.  I woke up at 6:30 but we spent the day on the couch napping & watching Netflix.  I went to the grocery store for a couple of things but since I'll be leaving for Minnesota Friday afternoon, & I still have leftovers from last week, it wasn't a whole lot & no meal prep was required.  I finished watching Longmire on Netflix so now it's time to pick a new show from my list to binge!

14 comments:

  1. Woohoo, my husband and sons have Fords! That is one pretty car! Love the bracelet she sent, so you and very pretty scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a 2010 Fusion before this one so I basically just upgraded lol. She nailed it with the bracelet!

      Delete
  2. Huge congrats on your new car - that is amazing! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh congrats on the new car. My Mom has that car and loves it because its really good on gas. That bracelet you received is darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute gifts from the exchange, I love the arrow bracelet! Congrats on the new car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a sucker for anything arrow!!! Love it! And congrats on the car!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful scarf and bracelet and congrats on the new car!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you like it! Congrats on the new car! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm super obsessed with the bracelet. I've worn it pretty much every single day since it showed up!

      Delete
  8. Yay for the new car!! And I LOVE the back-up camera on my car--it makes life so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY new car!
    I had planned a lazy weekend, but remembered earlier today I scheduled a vet appt for the shitheads at 9:20AM on Saturday. WTF IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY for finding a car and getting it done!! You're AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would be wearing that bracelet all the time. I love it!

    ReplyDelete