Monday, February 12, 2018

1 Weekend 4 Seasons

Happy Monday y'all!  I hope that everyone had a fantastic weekend.  Like always I wish I had just one more day to the weekend.  Especially since I woke up with my allergies going insane this morning.  I woke up at my normal time, took a shower, & went right back to bed until 6:15.

Friday
We had our second scrimmage of the season.  Our first scrimmage was played as one continuous game with JV playing the first 3 innings & varsity playing the last 4.  This scrimmage was weird.  JV played for 1 hour & 15 minutes (which wound up being 2.5 innings...meaning we didn't get to bat our last inning...so we lost.)  Varsity played the remaining time of our 3 hour time limit (3.5 innings...meaning again we didn't get to bat our last inning...so again we lost.)  I was really impressed with how varsity played though!  Our first real game is today so fingers crossed!!

Saturday
Nash & I woke up around 6-6:30 & we hung around the apartment, got stuff ready, & I ran a couple of errands.  I had wanted to leave around 8 am for San Antonio but because UPS dropped my packages off in the office instead of at my door, I had to wait until 10 am to pick them up & then leave.  I really hate when they bring my packages to the office because I am NEVER home during the week when the office is open so I can only pick my stuff up on the weekend.  Once my packages were picked up, we were on the road.


When we finally arrived in San Antonio, Nash got acquainted with my friends' house, & their cats (they didn't get along).  Once had explored all there was to explore he settled down & we all hung out for a bit until it was time for Robyn & I to head to the rodeo.  This is the 6th year that we have gone to the San Antonio Rodeo.  This is the FIRST year we nailed it.  We got their on time, we got to explore, we got to see the entire rodeo & concert, we went to the right place, we saw a full rodeo & not just an extreme bulls rodeo.  We. Got. It. Right.  Turns out it's the sixth time that's the charm.


Our first stop was food.  Corn dogs, fried pickles, & multiple rounds of free toffee before actually buying some.  Next up, the cows.  Really the only "attraction" we care about other than the actual rodeo & concert.  I want all the cows!



The top one, Hope, was only 4 days old!  EEE!  After getting our fill of food & cows we headed in to find our seats.  Nose bleeds baby!


In between the rodeo & the concert, we met up with a couple of Robyn's friends who weren't staying for the concert so they gave us their seats.  We went from section 207 to 127.  Score!  We saw Kip Moore, who I love.  I don't even know how many times I've seen him now.  He was who we actually saw the first time we went to the rodeo.


It was a lot of fun like always but holy moly are we old.  We didn't get home until close to midnight at which point we went directly to bed to sleep.

Sunday

Sunday was filled with a whole lot of driving & not much else.  Nash & I left San Antonio a little after 8 & didn't get home until around 1.  That drive should only take 4 hours but between Waco & Burleson (an hour drive) it went from overcast to pouring rain to snowing to sleeting to sunny.  That 75 mile stretch is what added the extra hour to the drive.


When we did finally get home, I went to take the storage drawers I had ordered out of the package so I could get my closet a little more organized when I realized that there was a big hole in the bottom of the box that had also busted one of the drawers.  So I got online & got a new one ordered.  Of course that one will be arriving tomorrow & I won't be able to pick it up until Friday or Saturday unless they leave it by my door...  I also need to drop the old one off to be returned.  I wound up taking a nap for like an hour before I managed to make it to the grocery store.  I almost just got meatballs again to make it easy on myself for meal prep.  I still made it fairly easy but went with mushrooms & shrimp instead.  This week is so filled with softball that I don't even actually need that many meals.  There is a game tonight & a tournament Thursday & Friday.  The rest of the night was spent watching Longmire on Netflix & an early bedtime for both of us.

6 comments:

  1. Could you add a note to your packages that says leave on porch?

    I want more snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you had a fun-filled weekend with lots of "weather adventures" but at least Nash got to tag along for the road trip and you had an amazing time at the rodeo with your friend. Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your road trip fun, gimme that corn dog, lol!! Hope you guys won the game!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will really appreciate if you can send me the details of how to go about it and more so I need assurance because I have heard of several incidence where people get to Study Abroad, Botswana and they are left stranded to suffer.






    Cheapest luxury student apartments | Accommmodation in Leicester for students

    StudentFM | student accommodation in chester

    ReplyDelete