Monday, May 9, 2016

Pianos, Board Games, & Coloring Books



I hope that y'all had a great weekend!  Today I should be finding out whether or not I got a new teaching/coaching job.  Fingers crossed I get some good news!

Friday
I thought Friday would never arrive.  I woke up on Wednesday AND Thursday thinking it was Friday.  As soon as the bell rang at 3:50 I was out the door.  My plans for the night consisted of catching up on more of Chicago Fire & the remainder of my Corona.  

I had barely sat down on my couch when there was a knock at my door.  Emily & her dog Dolly had come to see me on their walk.  The three of us sat on my patio for awhile before walking back over to Emily's.  We each went & bought a 6 pack & then sat at her place drinking, talking, & eating pizza before getting ready to meet her aunt & uncle for drinks.  One of the perks of living across the parking lot from your friend is that you can go grab your closet & get ready together with options.  

We met up with her aunt & uncle, and about a half a dozen more family members & friends of the family who were in town for a college graduation, at Cantina Laredo.  Neither one of us had been there before but our Uber driver told us that they had really good margaritas.  He wasn't wrong.  We all hung out there for awhile talking & drinking.  Towards the end of our time there, a way too cocky, definitely truth stretching, 23 year old military guy tried way too hard to get me interested in him.  The upside?  Emily, her aunt, & I all wound up with a free drink.

After the Cantina a few of us walked to Pete's Piano Bar.  I love piano bars.  I have never had a bad time.  The energy is always so much fun.  Saturday was graduation for TCU so there were a ton of kids there who were about to graduate the next day.  It was a ton of fun but there was a moment during the night when it hit me that my first set of seniors will be graduating college next year.  #IFeelOld  The night ended with Emily & I ubering back, one of us eating pizza, drinking water, & taking an advil before going to sleep.  The other one did not. 

Saturday
Emily & I had planned on getting brunch but I forgot that I had an oil change scheduled so we decided to reschedule for a later date.  When I arrived for my oil change I learned why I need to start listening to my voicemail.  I had scheduled an appointment online & got a confirmation saying that my appointment was sometime between 8-10.  I found that weird that I didn't have a specific time but I figured whatever, my last oil place wouldn't even allow you to schedule appointments on Saturdays & since it's the same chain I just figured maybe they did Saturday windows.  I arrived around 9:30 to find out that they had called me & left a message stating my appointment was at 10.  Luckily they weren't too busy & the guy was nice enough to squeeze me in so I was in & out before my scheduled appointment time.  I stopped at Walmart afterwards to get stuff to make breakfast burritos for the week, along with a bottle of wine & giant M&Ms (because did I really even visit Helen & Caleb if I don't bring giant M&Ms?).

I had time to kill before I needed to head over to Dallas so I caught up on more of Chicago Fire.  A little after 5 I headed over to Dallas for Fancy Dinner.  While waiting for dinner we snacked too much like always on meat, cheese, crackers, chips, & dip.  Meat, cheese, & crackers are already one of my favorite snacks but because it's Fancy Dinner it's the really good stuff.  Our first course was build your own Ramen.  While everyone else used their chopsticks I went full blown white girl & used a spoon because chopsticks are a skill that I don't have.  The next course was pork buns with sauteed kimchi & pickled mushrooms.  Finally for dessert we had permission sorbet with ginger granita.  After dinner we played a round of Smart Ass & a round of Ticket to Ride while enjoying some Moscow Mules.

Sunday
Sunday was a very chill day.  I made sure to call my mama in the morning so that I could wish her a happy Mother's Day & ask how her weekend had been.  After getting caught up I sat down with my coffee & finally finished catching up with Chicago Fire.  I decided that 3 episodes of TV was a good break point & I headed off to Target to get a few essentials.  Once I returned I started coloring in my adult coloring book that I've had since Christmas, did some lesson planning for the last 3 weeks of school, as well as painted my nails so that I wouldn't bite them anymore.  Fingers crossed I can keep them this way & they can grow out to a decent length over the next couple of weeks so I can get them done again before heading back to Minnesota for the summer.  All while being somewhat productive I started catching up on NCIS: LA.  I'm finally almost caught up on all of the TV shows I've been abandoning since Christmas break.  

The Walking Dead: Finished!
Blood & Oil: Got cancelled :(
Nashville, Chicago Fire, NCIS: LA: Up to date
Hawaii Five-0: 13 episodes behind...

Linking up with Biana!

9 comments:

  1. Are you caught up on the current season for The Walking Dead?? If so, we need to discuss. I love love Nashville. It's such a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that nail color - good luck with the news today! I hoping for the result you want! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome you live so close to one of your friends!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you in your shades with the sun shining on you!! So pretty!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you...new job....positive vibes coming your way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really want a job in that district but I'm torn between this specific job which means a significant pay increase & a job that doesn't include coaching which means a significant more amount of free time.

      Delete
  5. Sending you good luck! Hope you hear good news today! Love that nail color, so pretty!
    Blood and Oil got cancelled?! Well...no point in me finishing up the first season then. LOL!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that you find out soon whether you got your job! I'm waiting to hear back on whether I got into the teaching program or not today...good luck to us both! lol
    Blessed Messes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that nail color! I used to bite my nails when I was younger and it took a LOT of training and hard work to stop, but I did it! Painting them was the main way that I got myself to stop as well!

    ReplyDelete