Friday, November 9, 2018

The Week That Flew

Happy Friday!  This week flew by surprisingly fast, except for Wednesday, Wednesday I thought it was Thursday.  Overall though I am pleasantly surprised that it's Friday already.  Even better is the fact that it is a pep rally day meaning that I don't teach until 11:40.  Therefore I slept in an extra 40 minutes today, haven't worked out yet, & putting this post together at 6:11 am.  I hope that everyone has a fantastic Friday & a wonderful weekend!  Linking up with Biana.

This week was sort of a weird one as far as the work week goes.  We had work on Monday but my sophomores were just coming off of a test so we didn't really do anything new & my seniors had a test this week so they just reviewed.  AKA I showed up to pretty much babysit.  I suppose that makes for an easy day coming off the weekend!  Another Monday win was that while my inches stayed the same from the previous week, I lost another 1.8 pounds from doing the 21 Day Fix.


I know I've previously mentioned it, but I am running a challenge group from Nov 26-Dec 16 for the program that I've been doing.  If anyone is interested or just has questions about it, feel free to email me about it!

The reason Monday was such a whatever day at work was because we didn't have classes on Tuesday.  Teachers still had work but students did not have class so starting something new coming off a test/weekend seemed pointless with an immediate day off after.  Staff development days are the best/worst.  They're easy that's for sure.  But they also serve no real purpose.  I showed up at 8:30 for a department meeting that the department head didn't even realize we had so was not prepared for.  Then at 10:15 we had a meeting over the same stuff we've had a half dozen meetings over in this district & that I've had dozens of meetings over over the course of my career, followed by lunch, followed by the superintendent talking about them-self, their social media, & statistics from a survey we had already seen for an hour because that's how they do...  So yay for getting paid, yay for easy, but was it really necessary for me to drive 2 hours round trip & sit there for 4-5 hours for?  Debatable.


I suppose another win to just having staff development was that I was able to bail after the superintendent was done meaning I was home by about 3, just in time for a work call at 3:30 & a dentist appointment at 4:30 rather than having to take a partial day off.  I hadn't been to the dentist since about 2014.  While my teeth weren't perfect, I had less going on than I thought I would.  I will have to go back to get work done though.

I managed to check in with my fall goals before disappearing from blogland for a couple of days...

Going back to work after a "day off" is always hard.  While the actual day itself wasn't hard, my kids were surprisingly good & quiet, like don't question it & rock the boat quiet, it still felt like it was supposed to be Thursday.  I did wake up Wednesday to find out that a tax ratification had passed where I work so we get the raise we all thought we'd get when we signed our contracts last year!  Perfect timing too as we're supposed to see it reflected, and back paid, just in time for Christmas!


I had planned on doing a Day In The Life post last week or the week before on the blog & by 11 am had forgotten.  So on Thursday I decided that I was going to do it on my Instagram story.  Depending on what time you're reading this you can still catch some of my fascinating day lol.  Turns out it was the perfect day because later that morning I noticed on Laura's Instagram story that apparently it was "Document Your Day" aka #OneDayHH on Instagram.  Perfect timing!  

Also, if you don't already follow Laura on Instagram or her blog I highly suggest you do.  She's hilarious!

I have no major plans this weekend & for that I am grateful!  Plus, my 21 Day Fix ends on Sunday so I'm super excited to see my final results!  Okay, time to workout & get stuff done before eventually heading to work!  Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. WOW, has it really already run the 21 days?! That's amazing!! It went by fast (at least for me, lol) Love Laura's blog and instagram, too. She's definitely hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every day after Tuesday (we didn't have school) has been a Monday and my brain cannot comprehend how Friday was not Wednesday.. everything is just so confused and I'm ready for a weekend reset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a RAISE!!! And for not having too much going on at the dentist!

    ReplyDelete