Friday, October 19, 2018

The Last One In My 20s

Happy Friday everyone!!  Today could not come soon enough!  Today I'm off to Arkansas with some friends to celebrate my upcoming birthday, I'll be 30 on the 23.  That means no work for me & a chance to get away!  I am a little sad I can't bring Nash-o with but all is well!  I hope ya'll have a fantastic Friday & an even better weekend!  Linking up with Amanda!

Despite having a really low-key & relaxing weekend, Monday was rough.  Not in a work was hard, or I was exhausted sort of way, but mentally & emotionally it was rough.  About half way to work I could feel an anxiety attack coming on.  Over nothing really.  I have the first 2 periods of the day off, my first two classes were working on a project, my last 2 classes were working on a review, & the head softball coach is back from maternity leave so even softball wasn't a concern.  I am just that over my job.  Except for some of the people I work with, & one of my classes, I find 0 joy in coming to work anymore.  In fact it has been the main cause of my anxiety.  I don't hate my job by any means, & have definitely worked way worse places, but I don't love it & I know that this isn't what I want to do for the rest of my life so it stresses me out more than it should.  I wound up leaving at 1:30 to take a half mental health day.  I was able to get so much done it was amazing!  (ie oil change, post office, meal prep, prescription pick up)


I came home to a birthday package from Andrea.  It was exactly what I needed to brighten my day!


Tuesday when I returned to work I was ready to take on the day!  I was quickly fed up & discouraged when not only was there new parent drama, but also a district grading policy/suggestion sent out that I do not agree with at all.  Both things left me feeling like an overpaid, glorified babysitter.  Despite all of that, I did share some things I love...


Wednesday went smoothly & the evening was filled with lots of Nash cuddles.


Thursday was a cake day.  All of my classes spent the day catching up on work for classes since today is the end of the quarter meaning grades & assignments were due.  I graded & got stuff done for my sub while  they worked.  It. Was. Glorious.  Since I'll be out of town for the weekend I had an appointment Thursday night with my therapist & then just got stuff ready for my weekend away!

I did take official steps today to begin a new adventure which is exciting.  I will share more about that adventure in the future, once I actually have more to share about it, but until then I am just ready to kick start something that will hopefully get me out of my current situation.  No matter what happens, I will at minimum finish out this school year.  9 weeks down, 27 to go!

6 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time in Arkansas!! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the work drama, I hope you find something better soon! Looking forward to hearing more about your new adventure! Have a great time in Arkansas and happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because I'm sure I'll forget otherwise, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo can't wait to hear what it is. Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete