Monday, August 6, 2018

The First One In August

Here we are again, Monday.  While I don't officially go back to work until Thursday, I am at an all day optional professional development today so it's basically like being at work.  Linking up with Andrea for TBB Asks: Party Edition & Biana for Weekending.

Friday
Friday was super laid back which was exactly what I needed after 4 days of softball camp, meetings, & volleyball tryouts.  I went & bought some watermelon because #NationalWatermelonDay & because both Nash-o & I love it.  The two of us spent the day just chillin together until it was time for me to head to softball camp.  This time around it was for the high school girls & since we aren't in season, I can't actually do anything with them but watch.  We had a girl who recently graduated from WT run the camp.  She did a great job with the girls.  It was also nice just to see some of my players again since I hadn't seen them since the end of May.

Saturday
I finally bought my couch!  I could have just done it online!  I went back to the store because I was hoping to finance the couch so that I could up my credit score some more.  What I didn't realize was that I was $150 short on what I needed to be able to qualify for financing.  Spending more than necessary just to bump my credit score isn't really my jam so I just bought the couch outright instead.  Plus, it was teacher celebration day & my friend Lauren & I were hoping on getting a free area rug.  However, it was only for the first 100 teachers & there were people camping out in line, which lawn chairs & everything, over an hour before the event began.  No thanks.  So instead we went to go get some pizza.  

Heritage Pizza & Taproom was nearby & since neither of us had been there were decided to check that out.  Holy crap!  That pizza was amazing!  Best pizza I've had in a long time.  The decor was super cute too.  The only weird thing, which wasn't a problem, they don't take cash... I normally only ever have my card anyway but since I got paid for volleyball & softball camp in cash recently I've been trying to use that.  I thought the lady was joking when she said "we don't take cash here" until she pointed to the sign.  So heads up DFW people, if you ever decide to check the place out, which you should, make sure you have a card.

I took a short little nap when I got home & then laid out by the pool for about an hour working on my tan & reading more of The One & Only by Emily Giffin.  This book has been so hard for me to read.  I like the genre of book, I like the theme of this book, it's an easy read, but certain plot points in the story are making me super uncomfortable in a "I can tell what's probably going to happen & I don't want it to so I'm going to take my slow ass time getting there" kind of way.

Sunday
So much pool time!  I went for about an hour in the morning & then got a few things done at home before Helen & Caleb came over & we spent a few hours at the pool again.  We split some apps at Lucy's Lot for supper & then we all headed home.  I also managed to finish Friday Night Lights before pool time began... and decided to quit reading The One & Only.  I looked up to see how it ended, and except for a couple very specific plot points, it ended where I thought it was headed & I just couldn't do it.  I don't know that I've ever given up on a book before...

1. Favorite birthday party as a child?
Oh man I wish I had a picture of it here so I could share it with you, but since my birthday is so close to Halloween, I had a costume party once as a child.  The picture from that party is still one of my favorites.

2. Do you like to entertain?  Yes or no?
In theory? Yes.  In reality? Not a hard no, but less of a resounding yes.

3. What kind of parties are your favorite?
Theme parties

4. Big or small parties?
Small, I'm not a huge people person ha

5. Favorite thing to do at parties?
Eat and/or find the dog to play with

6. Party food favorites?
I love chips & dips.  Also meat & cheese plates

7. Favorite flavor of birthday cake?
Chocolate

8. Balloons?  Yes or no?
No.  However, I will make an exception for a big 3 & 0 for my 30th

9. Best party song?
Anything from the 90s or early 2000s

10. Do you like to dance?  Yes or no?
Yesssss

8 comments:

  1. I bet you're a GREAT dancer! Theme parties are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza over a rug is a better deal for me :) Yay for a new couch! xo, Biana- BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the new couch and good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got your couch situated. Pizza is always a good idea! I was hoping to find some throwback pics too but a lot of mine are still packed away. A costume party sounds like a lot of fun! Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when the finance thing happens. I have run into that too. But yay for a new couch and having a great weekend! Love costume parties for birthdays. That is cool that your birthday is close to Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can not imagine camping out for a free.... well anything! Pizza sounds like the better option there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh- the pizza looks amazing! Craving that now. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous of your pool time, that sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete