Friday, August 3, 2018

Mini Work Week Round 2

Happy Friday everyone!  I could not be happier that I am not coaching volleyball this year.  Even though I helped with tryouts the past 2 days, I got to sleep in today & do whatever rather than having to be at the high school between 6:30-7 this morning for practice, followed by a second round of practice, followed by a parent meeting, followed by an alumni game.  Instead I got to sleep until 6:30 & do whatever I want... well until I go to softball camp tonight.  Even that isn't required though since it's for the hs girls & as a coach I can only watch since we aren't in season.  Linking up with the amazing Andrea & Amanda.

From the blog
Monday: I recapped my weekend which included a spontaneous road trip out of town.

Wednesday: I linked up to share with you what I'm currently up to this month.

Thursday: I shared the progress I've made so far on my summer goals.

From the phone





What I was up to
Monday: Day 1 of softball camp!  For 2.5 hours I helped 5th-8th graders with their softball skills.  At one point we finally got the rain I was begging for but it was towards the end of camp & so we just played it out in the pouring rain.  It actually felt pretty great.  That of course meant that I then went to Chipotle, & then a 3 hour all district coaches meeting, looking like a dirty wet dog.  When I finally got home that evening Nash-o & I kept watching Friday Night Lights.  Where is my Coach Taylor/Tim Riggins combo of a man??

Tuesday: Day 2 of camp!  Also my last day of camp.  Luckily I had nothing going on afterwards so once I was home I was home.  I decided to do all of my food prep that day.  I cooked up some taco meat for taco backed potatoes, some eggs & sausage for breakfast burritos, & some shrimp for salads.  I need so desperately to get back in the habit of not only food prep, but healthier food prep.

Wednesday: Even though there was still softball camp, because I had already committed to volleyball tryouts I did those instead.  7 hours of volleyball tryouts.  We did get a nice size break in between the two sessions so me and a couple of other coaches went to Wing Bucket for lunch & then just laid in the shade outside of the school enjoying the breeze.  I seriously love Wing Bucket by the way.  If you live in the DFW area & like wings you need to go.  I was so exhausted that I went to bed a little before 8.  However, the jalapenos from my taco potato hit me somewhere around 10 or 11 & then I was up until midnightish with awful heartburn.  The rest of the night I was up on & off getting pretty much no sleep.  So much for going to bed early...

Thursday: Another 6 hours of volleyball tryouts!  Luckily this year I didn't have to be a part of the hiding after the letters were handed out to the girls.  At the end of tryouts every girl gets a letter in a sealed envelope with their name on it.  They are then forced out of the building before they can open it & then not allowed back inside.  Last year we wound up hiding for probably close to an hour & some parent still managed to find their way into the building & back into the coaches office to try to get the head coach to change his mind...

Random Thoughts & Things
-Students go back to school on the 20th & they got their schedules this week.  Teachers however still have no idea what their schedules are.  I find it a little backwards that schedules are made & students know but we don't...  I just want to know!  I'm fairly certain I'm teaching 2 world history classes & 2 economics classes but I want to know for sure & I want to know what periods!

-Today is my daddy's birthday!

-30 is going to be the year my body falls apart I'm pretty sure.  Between the 16 hours of volleyball camp last week and the 13 hours of  volleyball tryouts & 10 hours of softball camp this week, my body is so creaky!  I need a massage... and maybe a chiropractor.

-Why do guys nowadays think that an acceptable first "date" is inviting someone over to watch a movie/tv & just hang out.  Boy no.  I don't need something fancy but if you think a)I'm going to the place you live before I meet you & b)that your lack of effort & creativity are good enough you are out of your damn mind.

Entertainment




5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daddy!! The week under your belt..weekend to chill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bday to your dad! That's crazy that the students know their schedules before the teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah that tacos meme is everything!

    Happy bday to your dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Buckle up, Keke. Stay in your car." Fair haha. And ugh dating. My therapist and I were just talking about how I should maybe start dating again, and I'm not psyched haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're going to have a ton of rain in the next two weeks - yay!

    ReplyDelete