Friday, August 17, 2018

Ready Or Not Here It Comes

Happy Friday everybody!  I feel like I can finally start saying that with some conviction now that I'm back at work everyday, even if this week was just staff developments & teacher work days.  Starting Monday the kids will be back!  Linking up with Amanda.

From The Blog
Monday: I recapped my rainy weekend.

Thursday: I shared some quotes that I love.

From The Phone





What I Was Up To
Monday: I left work at 10 am & it was glorious.  It was semi-annoying that I drove nearly 2 hours round trip to be at work for 45 min to an hour but I got to go home & that's all that really matters.  We were supposed to plan with our content area but since half of our group was at practice coaching & the other half of us teach a second subject I made that call that we all go plan our own stuff.  So I went home & plan I did.

Tuesday & Wednesday: Nothing exciting.  Went to staff development meetings both days about stuff that we are either already aware of and/or could have been an email.  #TeacherLife.  On the upside though we were out before 3 both days so I got to go home & get my exercise in.

Thursday: School starts Monday but Thursday was the first day we were even allowed in our rooms because of construction.  However, I am in another teacher's old room & so I didn't even do anything in my room because she had to move all of her stuff into her new room.  So I left at 1:45.  It was just a work day & since I had no room to work in, I bailed after lunch & some planning with my department. 

That night Raeann & I went to our first "Sippin & Shoppin" event in the Stockyards.  The wine was good, the shopping part was lame.  You were restricted to just Stockyard Station which is basically a half dozen identical tourist shops.  We did stop into one store though where this girl makes the cutest bands for smart watches & fitbits!  Y'all need to check her stuff out!  After we drank our wine we walked down to The White Elephant Saloon so I could get a hot dog because I had been craving one for days.  Shaun Michael was the live entertainment for the night & if you like country music you should definitely check him out as well!

Random Thoughts & Things
-I was supposed to have 2 dates this week, I have 0.  To be fair I cancelled them both.  I was supposed to have a date Tuesday but the guy & I had stopped talking after we made the plans & so after a couple of days of no talking I was out.  I was also supposed to have one tonight but then last night I finally asked the question I should have asked when we first started talking & we are not on the same page at all as far as what we want so I told him it was probably better if we just didn't go.

Entertainment





2 comments:

  1. Good for you backing out of the date with the guy with no communication. You will meet your guy hun :)

    And yessss to the lol being added to make a text sound not angry haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the dog thing online and about lost my mind. So damn adorable!

    ReplyDelete