Monday, December 11, 2017

County Road 233 Through Fire

It's here!  It's finally here!  It's finals week!  Do you know what that means??  That means that once this week is over I'm on break for two whole weeks!  My seniors are just watching movies all week because they took their final last Friday & I only have 3 days with my least favorite class instead of 4 or 5.  It's a good week!  I hope that you all enjoyed your weekend & have a fabulous week.  Linking up with Biana to recap my weekend.

Friday
My seniors wanted to take their final early, because both of my senior classes were scheduled to take it this coming Friday.  So they took their final & then voted on what movies they wanted to watch during finals week.  After work I stopped at Chipotle.  The swim team was using them for a fundraiser & since I had been craving it for a couple of weeks, it seemed like a legit reason to get some!  That night I did nothing.  Nash & I hung out and watched some Hawaii Five-0.  The End.  Such a wild Friday night I know.

Saturday
Saturday morning I drove 2 hours east to Lindale, Texas.  Upon arrival I went to The Pink Pistol which is Miranda Lambert's store.  I wanted to buy it all!  Luckily I have *some* restraint.  I bought a shirt, some wine, & some coffee.  A 2 hour drive there, 15-20 minutes spent inside, & a 2 hour drive back.  I have 0 regrets!  I really want to go back to check out more in the store but also to actually drink at the wine bar.  10:30 on a Sunday seemed a little early to be drinking alone, especially when I had a solo 2 hour drive back.

When I got home I checked my mail & there was a super cute bridesmaid proposal waiting for me.  I met my friend Melissa while working at Gander Mountain in college.  To this day that is probably my favorite job.  We were all about the same age, had a blast at work, & hung out outside of work.  Even after college Melissa & I stayed good friends.  I am so excited to be a part of her wedding this coming March!

I had put in a to go order that evening for a burger at a local bar.  When I went to pick it up, apparently they hadn't gotten it.  So I put in the order & waited.  While I waited I got a beer, made friends with the people next to me at the bar, & wound up eating my food there & hanging out for an hour before going back home.  I first went to that bar not long after I moved here, & have gone back a couple times since.  I had kind of wanted to become a regular there but then life happened & after summer, aka my new job & coaching started, I kind of stopped going.  Maybe now that I made friends with others that go regularly I'll make a better effort to go in for a beer &/or food more often.

Sunday
I set my alarm for 5 on Sunday so I could go watch the sunrise.  I basically took Nash on a wild goose chase... more about that on Friday.  I stopped for coffee & tacos on the way home, & got him a pup cup, & then we basically laid on the couch all day watching more Hawaii Five-0.  I had put white chicken chili in the crock pot that morning when I woke up & once it was ready I took Nash out for a little walk.  After a cold spell, it turned out to be a really nice day.  It was sunny & in the 70s.  If it could just always be like that I'd be thrilled.  I met up with Trey & Raeann that evening for supper at Chili's & then we went to Gas Monkey for a concert.  We missed the first band, & I couldn't tell you the name of the second band, I do know they were awkward & from Ohio.  We did see Righteous Vendetta, Danger Kids, & Through Fire though.  Danger Kids was my favorite.  The best part about a concert that starts at 6:30?  It's done by 10, even with 5 bands ha.  #SoOld

7 comments:

  1. Cheers to finals week and almost being break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, it's almost break time!! That's so fantastic. I wish I got a break during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would go to so many more week night concerts if they started at 6:30 and ended by 10. #OLDAF

    ONE MORE EXAM LEFFFTTTTT. I can almost taste the sweet flavor of freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost to your break!!! Nash and those dang ears man - could he get any cuter??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for finals week!!! Two weeks off sounds glorious. I like having a restaurant or bar that I am considered a "regular" at. You always feel like a home away from home when you walk in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you guys have to go two days next week? I'm seriously SO ANNOYED at how our schedule is set up for christmas break. There's basically no time to work with students on apps before the holiday. GRRRRRRRR.

    ReplyDelete