Monday, October 23, 2017

My Last Weekend As A 28 Year Old

It's my birthday!!  I am unofficially the same age as my mother!  Just kidding.  Today is my 29th birthday.  How am I spending it?  In a 7 hour meeting.  Happy birthday to me.  I will be going to a concert tonight with my friend Raeann though so there's that!  I hope that everyone had a fabulous weekend.  I for one have no complaints.  Linking up with Biana!


Friday
Friday was pay day...which actually means spend all the money day.  Mostly because I pay my bills on pay day.  But on this particular pay day & I also bought all the food.  I bought my volleyball girls Chick n Minis from Chick Fil A.  I have lived in Texas for going on 6 years now (holy shit!) & have now only had CFA 3 times.  The first 2 times I ate there I had their basic chicken sandwich & was less than impressed.  Now however I'm so sad on all of those missed years of eating their breakfast because those Chick n Minis...WHOA BABY!  I also bought my 6th period cupcakes because one of the girls & I share a birthday but since I'm not at work today, we celebrated Friday.  I also got myself a new 2018 planner.  Friday was a district wide reading day which meant I spent most of my day filling out my new planner.  Thant night we had our second to last volleyball game.  We lost.  We all lost.  Freshman B all the way up to Varsity.  Because we played a high school in our school district though I was home relatively early for a Friday night.

Saturday
I changed my hair!  I cut a good 6 inches off of my hair & went from a dull brown to a deep red.  I'm in love.  Plus, holy goodness it's so much easier to brush now.  Don't get me wrong, I love when my hair is long, but I can actually do something with it now!

Saturday morning I took Nash for a walk & then we played at the dog park for awhile.  By we I mean he & the other dogs.  After the park is when I went to go get my hair done & then we watched some It's Always Sunny for awhile before I went to the grocery store.  I was doing some food prep, Chicken & Dumpling Casserole, when my friend Trey asked if I was hungry.  I'm not one to turn down food so I said yes.  

We went to Ojeda's in Dallas.  He got the steak fajitas & I got stuffed jalapenos.  I'm obsessed with stuffed jalapenos.  However, I was not impressed whatsoever.  I've made far better.  I ate some of his fajitas though, those were good.  I also got a michelada because I hadn't had one in years & he said I should because they make a really good one.  I'm not a huge fan, & I'm really not sure why.  I love bloody mary mix, I love beer, I love a beer with my bloody mary.  The one I had there was pretty good, I will say that.  However, it's still not something I'll ever just order somewhere.  Needless to say, I was severely underwhelmed by Ojeda's.  

Afterwards we went to Berrynaked despite the fact that we were both super full.  There's always room for popsicles & neither of us had been there before.  I got the peach cobbler & he got the orange julius.  I won in the "who can order the better popsicle" contest.

That night I went to Billy Bob's to see Jon Pardi.  I had also intended to get there early enough to see Midland but I left a little later than I intended & parking took longer than expected.  I love me some Jon Pardi.  His newest single off California Sunrise is out today.  It's called She Ain't In It.



**Now to quick brag on Nash.  I crate him during the day.  And actually, up until I went home in September I was crating him at night too.  That's not the point.  Anyway, up until recently anytime I left the apartment I would put him in his crate.  A couple of weeks ago I started leaving him out if I had to run to the grocery store, so for an hour tops.  He had successfully done that 2 or 3 times.  So, when I went to go eat with Trey I decided to put Nash to the test.  I placed his crate so that he was confined to just the living room & then left him to roam.  3 hours.  He did it!  Nothing was chewed on or peed on or pooped on.  So, later that night when I went to the concert I left him out again for another 3 hours & he did just fine.  My little baby is growing up so fast.**

Sunday
Sunday I had considered getting a mani/pedi because my toes & fingers were looking ratchet.  However, I just spent $150 on my hair so spending another $80 on nails seemed a little unnecessary.  In the end I painted them myself.  Of course I'll have to keep painting them fairly often if I'm going to keep myself from biting them, but at least it's free.  I used Sinful Colors "Black on Black" & "Let's Talk" on my fingers & New York Color "Plaza Plumberry" on my toes.  They're pretty much the colors I was going to get done anyway.

I was also going to get a massage.  I even had an appointment.  But when I was on my way there Google Maps told me that they were closed already.  Because I had just picked a time online I thought maybe there had been a mistake or something & I shouldn't have been able to make a 3 pm appointment.  So I rescheduled.  No one answering the phone further led me to believe they were closed because it didn't even ring & just went straight to voicemail.  It's probably a good thing too because I had gotten a Groupon & had booked the wrong thing the first time around.

The final thing I was going to do but did not do.  Go see Bowling For Soup.  I loved BFS in high school.  Hell I STILL love them.  I can listen to their A Hangover You Don't Deserve album over & over and not get tired of it...still 13 years later mind you.  However, I thought tickets started at 10 because the price range was 10-80.  Nope.  Parking was 10 & tickets were 20+.  I didn't want to pay $30 + drinks at a venue I don't love to see one band.

So what did I do?  I had the definition of a perfect Sunday.  I watched Netflix (It's Always Sunny & The Walking Dead) & football.  I went & got myself some elotes & make a Target run.  I baked muffins, I did laundry, I did dishes, I made cilantro lime shrimp pasta, I made buffalo chicken dip.  And I did it all with my patio door open (okay not the Target/elotes run... definitely locked my apartment up when I left) because the weather was absolutely perfect.  It was everything a fall Sunday should be & the perfect way to close out my birthday weekend.

7 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your hair...you are just the cutest!!! Yay for a great fall Sunday and I dub this the whole week of Bri!!! I hope it is every bit as sweet and fabulous as you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Wishing you all the best and loving your hair! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday lovely!!! Wishing you the very best day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like you had a great weekend. I can't believe you had only had CFA a few times?? I don't care for their chicken sandwiches to be honest. I go for the chicken nuggets and honey mustard, the waffle fries, the chicken minis at breakfast and their market salad with grilled chicken is soooo good too!! The bread for those chicken minis is what dreams are made of, right???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! My bf is going to be pissed that he missed Jon Pardi when he was in town

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birfday!
    When we started leaving the dogs out of their crates, life got better and worse lol. I was glad for them to have more freedom though and Meri did way better than I thought she would, but she's also older now than when I originally tested it. YAY for Nash!

    ReplyDelete