Monday, August 7, 2017

One Day Weekends Shouldn't Be Allowed

Yesterday was my only day off because we had stuff going on for volleyball on Saturday from about 9-4.  Luckily that won't be happening again for about another month.  I didn't really take a whole lot of pictures this weekend except for of Nash.  Which let's face it, he's pretty much all I photograph anymore anyway.  #SorryNotSorry.  Today I'm doing something a little different.  Normally I link up with Biana for Weekending, & I still am!  But, I'm also linking up with Andrea for The Blended Blog Asks.  This month's theme is summer!

Let's start off with a quick weekend recap because again, I pretty much now only take pictures of my dog & only had one day off.

Friday
New teacher training started on Friday.  I met a couple cool people that I'll be working with, a couple that are in my department, & another that's in a different department but also a coach.  It's even potentially in the works that if I do end up staying in the district & buying a house closer by that one of them would rent a room from me so they can get out of an apartment!

That night Raeann, Kim, & I went out yet again to do dance lessons at Red River.  I potentially met someone?  I'm not rushing into anything or going to force it but we'll see.  I got his number at we're both planning on going back next week.  Fingers crossed people!

That night when I got home from RR I was taking Nash out to go to the bathroom & it's official, my downstairs neighbors know that they're obnoxious & that I hate them.  I was standing around the corner so I could see their door but they couldn't see me but Nash was visible from their door.  I see them start to open the door & then hear "SHE'S OUTSIDE WITH THE DOG GO BACK IN GO BACK IN!"  I died.  You'd think that I had beat them or gave them the lecture of a lifetime by the way they now react.  All I did was yell 2 words from my balcony one time.

And just because he's adorable...

Saturday
I had volleyball stuff going on all day.  The day started with a varsity vs alumni game at 11.  However, we had to be there at 9.  After the game we were catered tacos for lunch & then had a parent meeting until 3.  We of course did not get to leave until around 4.  It was a long day.  About midday I was regretting not getting home until 1:30 in the morning & not having more caffeine.  This meant poor little Nash had to hang out in his crate from about 8-5.  I did take him to the dog park that night though to make it up to him.  He got to run around & play with the other dogs & in turn I also got to go to bed by 9 because he wore himself out.

Sunday
Despite going to bed by 9 & promptly passing out the night before, 5 am was WAY too early for me.  I wanted to sleep until 7 but homeboy had to go potty & then didn't want to go back to sleep.  So we went potty, I showered, got dressed, started my day, & then he decides to go back to sleep around 6-6:30.  Of course now that I'm awake he thinks it's okay to get more sleep.  When he woke up I took him to the dog park again & he got to see a few of his dog friends he hadn't seen in almost a week.  They played for a couple of hours & then it was time to go home, after breakfast tacos, for me, of course.  He promptly put himself down for a nap so I went to the grocery store, got some blogging in, & cleaned my apartment a little bit.  That evening I went to go see Jimmy Eat World & Incubus, where it eventually started raining on us.  It was still fun & we stuck it out until the end.  Afterwards we all got IHOP & I got home way too late.  (I'm currently running on about 4.5 hours of sleep...)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now for my answers to TBB Asks:

1. Pool, lake, or ocean?
If I'm getting in it: pool.  If I'm relaxing by it: ocean.  If I'm hanging out on it: lake.  LOL really any of them.  For someone who can't swim all that well I love the water.  If I could only pick one I'd pick ocean simply because that means vacation!

2. Camping, cottage, of hotel?
Camping.  I haven't gone in FOR-EVER but I love it & miss it.

3. Favorite ice cream flavor?
Bluebell Mint Chocolate Chip
4. PJs, nightgown, tshirt/shorts, or birthday suit?
Either a tshirt or a tank top & then either shorts, yoga pants, or underwear.
5. Favorite summer beverage?
Unfortunately this summer I've started drinking a lot more pop than I should.  Otherwise usually just water.

6. Would you rather be hot or cold?
So my gut reaction is hot.  And that's true for the most part.  I HATE the cold.  It's one of the best things about not living in Minnesota anymore.  However, this Texas summer stuff is ridiculous.  It's can be like 80-85 out & I find myself thinking "Finally a break in the heat!"

7. Sandals with heels or flats?
Flats

8. Shorts or skirts?
Shorts

9. Sit in the sun or the shade?
Sun if I'm trying to get a tan or it's not going to be hours.  If it's a concert or something though then shade.

10. Water, tea, or soda?
Water.  I need to kick my pop habit that's forming again.

11. Favorite summer fruit, vegetable?
Watermelon or strawberries.  I don't really have a favorite summer vegetable. 

12. Sunrise or sunset?
Sunset

13. Bike ride or walk?
Walk

14. Winery or brewery?
Brewery

15. Garden or no garden?
I don't have one but if I ever get a house I'd like a little one.

16. Big summer concert or music in the park?
I love all music equally.  Concerts/music = life.

17. Favorite cookout food?
Even though I'm always ordering/craving burgers, I really love brats/hot dogs on the grill.  I REALLY love cheap burnt hot dogs on a campfire.

18. Dine indoors or patio?
Patio.  Always.

19. Favorite summer destination?
I don't really go anywhere.  Up until this summer I've just gone back to MN for the whole summer.  If someone let me go take a week or 2 vacation right now I'd go do the PCH.

20. Big theme park or local carnival?
Local carnival.  No questions asked.  I hate theme parks.

21. Drinks blended or on the rocks?
Blended

22. Popsicle or freezie flavor of choice?
Bomb pop or plain blue.  Also, when did blue become a flavor??  I know it's usually blue raspberry, which that alone, what is that??  But when it comes to kool-aid, sports drinks, popsicles, candy, etc.  you say blue & it's just an acceptable flavor.  The best one might I add, but still weird

23. Hot dog or hamburger?
On the grill? Hot dog.  At a restaurant? Burger.

10 comments:

  1. Yay! Love that you did this, and I've asked myself before that too, when did blue become popsicle flavor? LOL! I love getting a glimpse into your weekend too, I just want to cuddle with Nash!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I love Blue Raspberry Freezie's!! I totally forgot about them. haha And when you eat them, you look like a smurf! hahah Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayy teacher life!!! What are you teaching this year!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, when did blue become a flavor? I love that, so true! We've had a lot of working weekends lately, and it's such a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, why is blue a flavor, and why is it so delicious?? And I loved your story of your neighbors being afraid of you hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I crave hamburgers too---so delicious! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in the Caribbean and would chose pools over oceans as well.

    ReplyDelete