Friday, August 19, 2016

My First Week In My New Chapter

One
I started my second round of Whole30.  I'm not going to lie, day one was rough.  On Sunday night I had thrown out a half pack of unopened Starbursts because I knew it was going to be a month before I could eat anything like that again.  I may have been tempted to dig that pack out of my trashcan... don't worry, I didn't do it & I didn't cheat at all that day despite wanting pizza, a cupcake, & fruity candy.

Two
I came home from my first shift on Tuesday to this... In case you can't read that it says "don't use."  Awesome.  Luckily there is another one downstairs but I got questions like...when will this be fixed? what happened? why didn't using a plunger work?  Unfortunately, I don't even have the number of the the roommate I share the bathroom with & at this moment in time I'm on a completely different schedule than the other 2.  Tue & Wed I started work at 5 & they get off work around 5.

Three
I cheated.  Big time.  Day 2.  However, I did say from the beginning I didn't plan on doing it 100% of the time.  Just most of the time.  But it was my first night at work & we get a free meal each day we're training.  So I got the meatballs al forno.  Which is basically just fancy for meatballs with cheese...and I may have had them add bacon.  I didn't eat ALL of it though.  And as delicious as it was, I wish I had waited.  I was hungry which is why I finally ordered food.  But we got cut while I was eating.  Had I known we were going to get cut so soon I would've waited until I got home.

Four
I got myself a library card & checked out my first book in Fort Worth.

Five

3 comments:

  1. I mean that cheat meal does look really good!! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cheat meal looks like it was worth it, though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that Cody Johnson song the other day and loved it! Isn't it such a pain when plumbing fails? It always seems to go out at the most inconvenient time.
    Blessed Messes

    ReplyDelete