Wednesday, June 29, 2016

What I Ate Wednesday - June

Pretty much since the dawn of Pinterest/me living by myself, I've planned my meals from the website.  Before I got back to Minnesota my mom & I agreed that we wanted to, for the most part, eat healthy over the summer.  We did eat more than just what I'm sharing with you today, & not all of these things are SUPER healthy, but here are the Pinterest recipes that I made in June.

High protein, low carb lasagna! Fat loss friendly and no pasta needed! I'm totally making this tonight! Thanks @Blair R R!!:
This was bomb.  I will definitely make it again.  I love lasagna, let's be honest I love pasta in general, but this didn't leave me thinking, "damn I wish I had some noodles."

This was the first thing gone at our potluck!! Dill Pickle Pasta Salad is loaded with tons of flavor and crunch! Pickles, cheese and a hint of cayenne make the best pasta salad and tastes even better when it's made ahead!:
I love pickles.  That is no secret.  I think it may be a Minnesota thing because all of my Minnesota friends love pickles too & none of my friends from other states seem to understand my obsession.  I should probably do a post ode to pickles & the recipes I have made based upon them...  Anyway, I saw this & knew I had to make it.  I messed it up.  Even though I messed it up it was still delicious. I forgot to add the fresh dill & instead of 1/8 tsp of cayenne I added 1/2 tsp.  My bad!  Good thing my family likes stuff spicy...

Balsamic Glazed Steak Rolls:
Balsamic Glazed Steak Rolls.
So I wasn't a huge fan.  I'd definitely try them again though.  I'm pretty sure it was just the cut of steak I used.  I used 2 different steaks that we already had, neither were flank steaks, & pounded them out.  Mine was so tough I couldn't even really chew it.  My mom said that hers was really good & wasn't tough.  I was too frustrated & full from the other stuff that I just didn't even try another one.

MamaEatsClean: Clean and Low-Carb Twice Baked Mashed Cauliflower with bacon and cheese:
Mashed potatoes are one of my weaknesses.  When I was in high school I would come home from work some nights & just make a bowl of instant mashed potatoes.  Of course when you add cheese and bacon to anything it instantly gets better.  When mashed up & with the stuff added in, I couldn't really tell a difference at all between that & loaded mashed potatoes.

Peach Blueberry Cobbler... this is such a delightful and delicious treat! The crumble topping is perfection atop the warm fruit!:
Peach Blueberry Cobbler
So good.  But then again, when isn't cobbler good?  I had made peach cobbler plenty of times before but never peach & blueberry.  The flavors worked really well together & it was a perfect dessert...especially with some vanilla ice cream on top.

Sunday Slow Cooker: Pepperoncini Beef aka Drip Beef:
Pepperoncini Beef

Cinnamon Banana Swirl Bread.:
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
This bread not only helped me get some over ripe bananas off the counter, it helped me cross off a thing on my 101 in 1001 list, make homemade bread.  Not that I hadn't ever done it before but it was probably high school the last time I had done so.  Next time around I wouldn't use as much cinnamon & sugar mix, but other than that it was really good!

6 comments:

  1. FUN and oh so yummo!!! Peach and blueberry...yes, so going to try that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is is always so interesting to see what other people eat?? I made a homemade blueberry and peach cobbler this week too. I use a recipe with bisquick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you go girl! You've been cooking a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come cook at my house.
    I seriously need my oven to work properly so I can use it. I'm pretty sure that after frozen pizza I'll be trying a cobbler in my cast iron pan that has never been used.

    ReplyDelete