Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Thoughts During Jury Duty

If this elevator doesn't hurry up I'm going to be late

Oh good another line

Was I supposed to fill this out

That guy has his filled out

But I did it online if it's a big deal I'll borrow a pen

Juror #41...makes me feel like I'm reading a part in a play

Ooh the guy said he has good news maybe the case got dismissed

I could have the whole day to myself

No such luck the case is still on but now I have 3 hours to kill before I have to be back

I have nowhere to be & my dumbass took an Uber so I wouldn't have to deal with parking

I should've driven so I could go home for 3 hours

It's tempting to Uber home again

I don't want to spend  $30 on Uber today though

That girl brought a book...I should've brought a book and a charger...rookie mistake

Calm down buttercup your phone isn't going to die within the next 2.5 hours

He said if we get picked we'll be back tomorrow...not gonna lie missing 2 days of work and a basketball game sounds kinda nice...

Great now I look like a fool trying to keep it together cause I'm sitting here thinking of Alice's Restaurant.

"I mean, I mean, I mean that just, I mean that just I'm sitting here on the bench, I'm sitting here on the group W bench..."

I should call my dad...he'd get a kick out of that...I wonder if he's busy

68% & 2 hours...man I sure do know how to kill my phone...

The asshole that walked out of the courtroom cussing out his wife better not be the guy on trial because I've already formulated my opinion on him

39% & an hour left until I have to be back.  I didn't think this through. I should probably turn the phone off so I have enough battery to get an uber when I'm done here...

I should've worn jeans.  Online it said no jeans but so many other people are wearing jeans.  I'd be so much happier in jeans.

23 more min...just 23 more minutes.  All I ask is that I'm out of here by 2.  I need some time by the pool today before it gets cold again.

It can't take 2 hours to narrow down a jury can it?

That is probably the most naive thought I've had all day...who am I kidding...I could be here forever!

Did these other potential jurors know each other before hand or did they all just decide to turn to their neighbor 3 hours ago and say "let's do lunch at 9 am & bond!"

15-20 more min & 29%.  Regardless of what happens I must turn this phone off at 20% or I'll have to walk the 6 miles back to my apartment and I'm not even fully sure what direction that would be.

A cop just walked by with what appears to be a bag of wine...or maybe it was blood...is that for my court room or is it for #9...

Hurry up & wait...that's what this is.  You must check in by 9 but at 930 we'll tell you we don't need you until 1215.  At 1215 we'll make sure you're all back but tell you that you have to wait in the hall until we're ready for you.

Finally we're going in!

Alright people, if your statement doesn't lead to "I don't feel like I can be impartial" shut the fuck up.  Stop stating your opinion just to answer the "do you believe that you could be fair & impartial" with a yes.

Oh no! #39...they're so close to my number!

Please skip #41...please skip #41

#43 phew!  I'm free!!

5 comments:

  1. Yay you're free. Thank God Im exempt for life because I could not deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was interesting because I've never had to do jury duty before. Glad you made it through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had it this past year--for the first time! and they didn't need me. i practically danced out of there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your phone lived long enough for you to be able to post this. I've never had jury duty, but I always fear it.

    ReplyDelete