Friday, January 1, 2016

The First One In 2016

A new day is upon us.  A new month is upon us.  A new year is upon us.  Last month I finally emptied out my funnies board & my quotes board on Pinterest.  It couldn't have been more perfect timing either because I was getting tired of how my Friday Favorite posts were looking & January 1st is always a good way to start over.  I'm still not entirely sure what I want to include/how I want to set them up on a weekly basis, but since this first one happens to fall on the first day of a new month/year, here are 5 things that I'm looking forward to this month.

1. Whole30
On Monday I'll be starting my first Whole30.  If any of you have ever done this before & have any recipes that you loved, or tips, please share!  Also, if any of you would like to do it with me, let me know & we can keep each other accountable.  

2. Pure Barre
I'm finally actually going to start Pure Barre classes as well.  My first one is on the 6th.  I had intended to start them when I first moved to Fort Worth & then just didn't.  They had a great introductory deal so I bit the bullet & bought a package.

3. MN Wild v DAL Stars
Next Saturday the Wild play the Stars in Dallas & this will be the last guaranteed time this happens during this season so come hell or high water I'll be there.

4. It's the last full month of basketball
I am so ready for basketball to be over.  There are 9 more games this month, along with practice every day, & then it's basically over.  It goes into February but just barely.

5. Fort Worth Stock Show 
I have wanted to go to this since I moved to Texas in 2012.  Now that I live only 4 miles from where it's held I have no excuse not to go.

5 comments:

  1. Happy New year! Idk what Whole30 is but I've always wanted to try a barre class! Unfortunately Guam doesn't have any barre classes right now but hopefully someone introduces it to Guam soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year beauty!!! I love this idea of the things you're looking forward to!! I'll grab my cowboy boots if I can go to the rodeo too, I absolutely love them!!! Been going since I was little as my Uncle used to ride but never was to any in Texas. So fun and yes, time for a basketball, breather. No matter how fun it is, it's a lot of work and you need a break! Hope this year is as wonderful as you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to your whole30 updates and what you think of barre!! i would totally go but all of the barre studios are downtown and ain't nobody got time to drive 1hr+!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm super excited for your whole30 challenge and barre!! OMG OMG you are going to loooovee barre...I miss it so much, but serioulsy it's the best workout...i love it. My favorite thing to eat while on Whole30 is taco salads with lime juice as your dressing...I'm telling you its delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to you for going for Whole 30. I considered it a bit and then realized it was something I would probably never stick to.

    ReplyDelete