Monday, July 27, 2015

County Fairs, Family Fun, & Life Music

Friday
Displaying PhotoGrid_1437927476400.jpg
Before I bought my MOH dress last week, I ordered a different one that I had been looking at because it was one of my top 2 favorites & it was on clearance.  I got it in the mail on Friday & tried it on.  I hated it.  It looks bad enough in the picture & even worse in person.  The neckline drove me bonkers because it was on my flippin neck & I felt strangled.  I also couldn't move without it moving in a weird way & it looked like a yellow lace potato sack in person on me.  Luckily, the bride has been looking for a yellow dress for her engagement pictures.  The bride tried it on & liked it so I managed to sell my dress the same day it came in the mail.  The bride, one of the other bridesmaids, & myself also all went to the county fair.  Unfortunately no pictures were taken but a fun time was had.  We people watched & ate good food.

Saturday
Displaying PhotoGrid_1437927252303.jpg
Saturday we held my grandpa's 80th birthday at my parents' house.  He's by far my favorite cowboy/farmer.  My aunts, uncles, & most of my cousins were there along with a few of my grandparents' neighbors, friends, & other extended family members.  Luckily it had cooled down because the day before had been insanely hot & humid.  Everyone sat around talking & eating for a few hours before heading home.  After everyone left I headed into town to get a pork chop from the fair with my mama.  We also got some mini donuts to bring home.

Sunday
Displaying PhotoGrid_1437927316413.jpg
Success!  I managed to go to the fair all 5 days!  In the morning I went in with my mama & daddy to watch a little kid "parade."  5 different kids, including the son of one of my mom's co-workers, dresses up themselves & their animal.  My mom's co-worker's son dressed up like a cow & dressed his cow up like a cowboy.  It was adorable!  There was also a Princess Peach with a sheep dressed up as Mario, Ariel from the little mermaid with a sheep dressed up as Flounder, Harry Potter with a sheep dressed up as Wooly Potter, & a girl dressed up as a milk maid with her cow.  I also finally got to go see the rest of the animals at the fair.  I had tried to when I was there with my friends but they weren't all that into it.

Around 2 I drove 2.5 hours south so that I could visit with 2 of my roommates from college.  We went our for Chipotle & then headed to a concert in the park.  We got to see Eric Paslay.  He was really good.  I knew I liked him I just didn't realize how much until after seeing him live.  After the concert my one friend's husband picked us up.  He's such a good guy.  He surprised all if us with Dairy Queen already picked up.  They have been together since we were sophomores in college & they're expecting their first child in November.  Once we were back at the house we did what any normal 26 year olds would do...watched Lady & the Tramp.  I definitely fell asleep for most of it.  After it was over it was bedtime...and since I was awake I decided to add in this last photo & paragraph for y'all.  It was just a paragraph saying how I was still at my friend's until this (Monday) afternoon & a recap of our night may or may not ever happen.

3 comments:

  1. That is so great that the bride liked the dress. No returning. I hate having to return things, it's such a pain. Sounds like it was a great weekend. Happy Birthday to your Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy for you that the bride was able to buy the dress. Your weekends always sound so fun. If I was anywhere near you we would have to hang out! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is awesome she ended up liked the dress. All was not lost.

    ReplyDelete