Monday, November 17, 2014

Our Side Of The Fence

Friday


After work I was supposed to go the football game since my school made it into playoffs but it was so cold I just couldn't will myself to go.  We lost 31-3 so I didn't miss much on our end apparently.

I did meet up with Art Teacher later to go dancing.  I hadn't been in so long & it had been even longer since we went to Whiskey River.  When I was student teaching I was at the bar pretty much every weekend.  We drank, we danced, we made some friends, & most importantly I finally got my hands on the best barbacoa taco of my life.  It's a little stand outside of the bar & they have the best barbacoa ever.  I dream of those tacos but it's too far to ever drive there that late at night if I'm not going dancing there before hand.

Saturday


Despite getting home at 3 am, I woke up at 9 am to get ready to meet my friend Abby at the St. Arnold's Brewery. (we've been Twitter friends for awhile but this was the 1st time we'd actually met.)  It was a lot of fun.  I also ran into my old roommate & his wife (who I had yet to meet).  We did the tour, ate some snacks I had brought, drank some beer, & just hung out.  

After we left there Abby checked into her hotel & then we headed off to Little Woodrows.  I had been to that bar before but not the location we ended up at.  It was super tiny & chill.  I even got a free koozie.  I asked a guy where he got his koozie because I really liked it & he just gave it to me ha.  Armadillos for the win!  We then just hung out at her hotel eating pizza & watching TV before heading off to a concert (which was the original reason we were meeting up.)

The show was a lot of fun.  There weren't a lot of people there & Abby is friends with the people that run the place so they made sure we were having a good time.  After the show we hung out with the opening band (Scott Dean) for awhile.  They were a lot of fun.  We also got to meet Curtis Grimes (the show we paid to see) & hung out with some of his band for a little bit.  Abby & I got breakfast afterwards & I didn't end up getting home until nearly 5 am.

Sunday

A whole 4 hours later I got a text from CJ asking if I was up.  I told him sort of but I would unlock my door so he could come over.  I made him nap with me awhile.  We had a total chill day which was perfect.  We went to the grocery store, watched football, napped again, & then just laid around watching TV before still going to bed at 9 right after The Walking Dead...which if any of you watch...do you also feel like the show is going down hill??



6 comments:

  1. Your Friday night sounds like so much fun - I haven't been dancing in the longest time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't say TWD is going downhill, but I think they're taking a different approach, which is unfortunate because the kill kill kill is what got us hooked in the first place. I liked this episode better than last week, and I hope that Daryl breaking Carol and Beth out of the hospital is exciting, but I would like a little less characterization and some more action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun weekend! I've never had a barbacoa but it looks delicious!
    Traci
    waltzmetoheaven.com

    ReplyDelete