Thursday, October 2, 2014

Sh*t My Students Say Vol. 2

First things first... a quick recap of how  I did on my September goals.  (Hint: not well)
Life According to Steph

September was fitness goals but I also added 3 non-fitness goals.

1. Go to the gym/class/organized sport at least 3 times a week.
This on derailed when I was diagnosed with a respiratory infection like 3 or 4 days into the month & wasn't better until I left for a wedding in MN almost 2 weeks later...

2. Complete Full Body Boot Camp 30 Day Challenge
This one derailed the day of my friend's wedding...so I made it half way through the month...I actually restarted it so that I'll have it complete by my birthday weekend this month.

3. Credit Card Free
The only thing I used it on was my friend's wedding which was allowed because it was pre-planned & necessary.

4. Complete #FMSPhotoADayChallenge
This one also ended the day of my friend's wedding...

5. Don't bite my nails for the entire month.
Ok sadly I don't know if I completed this one or not ha.  The fact that my nails are long right now says yes but for some reason I feel like I bit them off at one point...we're going to go with win though since it's Oct 2 & they're long.

2 out of 5 isn't bad...right?




Student 1: Me & J go way back
...
Student 1: When the first day of school was?
Student 2: I told you not to bring up the past
...It was the 13th day of school...


Listening to my Pandora stations as always (It was currently on Sam Hunt, Kip Moore, & Eric Church)
Male Student: Miss put on some Taylor Swift
Me: Is that some type of joke?
MS: No I'm serious!
I put on We Are Never Getting Back Together
MS: Yes!  This is the stuff!!


Me: If I come to Sonic will you give me free tots?
Student 1: Yeah I'll get you tots
Student 2: Miss we gotta work on your hood...you gotta ask for the whole meal free.



1000 Miles by Vanessa Carlton comes on Pandora
Male Student 1: Oh man!  This is my song!

Male Student 2 (same one that requested T Swift): I know this song by heart!
Me: You guys crack me up...I don't know about y'all
Male Student 3: White Chicks Miss...we love White Chicks!


Female Student 1: Miss you need to marry the man on the 800 hall
Me: He's a baby...he's 4 years younger than I am
Female Student 2: That don't matter
Me: Girls you need to learn that boys that are your age are never as mature as you are
Male Student 1: Yeah she needs a man with a good credit score
Male Student 2: And a 401k
MS1: And a dental plan
FS2: Money in the bank?


I put a 2nd Dum Dum in my mouth
Student 1: Miss how many of those are you gonna eat??
Student 2: She bought em she can eat however many she wants!
S1: Just don't go getting hyper on us ok Miss?


The assignment was to turn the Declaration of Independence into a modern day break up letter.
Student: Miss you got me all up in my feelings like I'm really leaving the guy...




10 comments:

  1. I don't even know what to say! hahaha I'm all for the student who is encouraging you to get the entire meal for free. He's going to be a heart breaker, that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a dental plan! haha. they are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The assignment of a break up letter is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to bad on the fitness considering you were sick. Those kids crack me up. At least they like what the ladies like and know to have money and a 401k!!! Bwahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. two out of five is not bad at all, especially since you pretty much started the month sick. your students are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your students are awesome and seem very self-aware for high schoolers. Gotta love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post transported me straight back to high school. Sounds like things my old classmates would have said. Hilarious!!

    Thanks again for pointing out the no follow thing, hopefully it works this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bahaha, dental, money in the bank, and a 401k.. too bad they didn't start name dropping.

    ReplyDelete