Friday, August 29, 2014

High School Football Returns To Texas

My Favorite Things This Week
**The Madilyn Bailey Pandora station for class time**

**Random texts like this one from Mr. Fireman**

**Anything by Shane Lee**

**I cannot stop watching this Vine**

**I can now cross another thing of my 101 in 1001**

**Seeing this made me feel slightly better knowing my bill could be worse but I'm still ready for cooler temps...aka a lower bill**

**Every "A" day I change the hashtag message on my board to something that relates to what we'll be talking about that day...here are this week's hashtag messages**
--I guess you can't really see the 2nd one (& now know my last name ha) the second one says "Ralph Nader @RalphNader There can be no daily #Democracy without daily #Citizenship"


Football Friday
Minnesota Vikings
So...I now have the sports package.  I was having a lot of problems with Comcast & didn't want any movie channels so instead they gave me a sweet deal on the sports package so I can watch all my MN teams.  Unfortunately preseason games aren't broadcast on there though so I watched it on Gameday...sort of...I had Gameday up to check the score from time to time but I was watching the Gophers on TV.  We beat Tennessee 19-3 though meaning the Vikings went 4-0 in the preseason...fingers crossed we do just as well in the regular season.

Minnesota Gophers
Guess who surprisingly got BTN added to her line-up the day before college football came back?  That's right...this girl.  Pretty sure this girl also isn't supposed to have it because it's not included in the sports package or the cable package I have but I suddenly have it & I will be keeping that to myself.  That means that I actually got to watch the Gophers take on Eastern Illinois.  We DOMINATED until the very end.  Don't get me wrong we still killed it but it was 42-7 until the very end when EIU made a pretty good sized come back to end the game at 42-20.  

High School Football
The students play their first game tonight.  Normally I go to the first game but this one is away & an hour from where I live so I won't be attending.  Every year I make the same deal with my students though.  If our team wins, however much they win by I give the students that many extra credit points.  It's the only extra credit I offer.

**I'm possibly going to a football party tomorrow for the Badgers vs LSU (Bachelorette party pending) so soon I should start having actual photos & other interesting football related things to share.**

11 comments:

  1. You're one awesome teacher! Way to get kids involved with the hashtags! And those extra credit points? AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea about the hashtags! So excited for football season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little piggy!! AH! I shall hug him, and squeeze him, and call him George! Also I love that your using social media to get students involved. Brilliant Idea Ms. M :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hashtags are a great way to gain student interest!! What a cool idea! I would copy you if I wasn't in early childhood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hashtags, so fun! I've never heard of that pandora station, i'll have to check it out. Random texts are so sweet! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the cutest! Love the hash tags!
    I've never really been into football and never understood the hype... but I've been watching Friday Night Lights (ha ha) and it's piqued my interest!
    Have a FUN, safe weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hashtags are awesome.

    I try to go to one high school football game a year. They're exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always higher than the average in my neighborhood, even though my apartment has two rooms, what the heck. Summer is not too bad, but winter in my apartment skyrockets my electric bill!! Old house, but so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Ralph Nader board, and of course Bob Marley. That's a lot of football! Wooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The vine was soooo cute! The hashtags is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete