Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Confessions of a Teacher

Vodka and Soda

**Waking up at 4:45 isn't as hard as I imagined it would be**

**I love only having to plan one thing for two days**

**I hate how bored I am by the end of day 2**

**I have never been so proud that a student brought up a relevant current event in class...**

**...and simultaneously so upset at how ignorant people can be**

--I won't tell you the topic (although I'm sure you may be able to guess) but I will tell you that we took time out to have a mini rant it out/lesson media/right & wrong.

**The above 2 confessions are a big reason I love teaching high school vs elementary/middle school**

**I am the senior sponsor this year all on my own & I'm both excited & terrified**

11 comments:

  1. once you get used to waking so early, it's actually not bad at all and you feel super productive by the time 9am rolls around!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been getting so so bored at work, lately. Give me some work to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the view from a teacher. I can guess the topic you discussed and love that you were open to talk about it with your students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that Jesse meme! yes!

    I give you props for teaching high school. I think it would be really hard because I feel there is a lot of ignorance there. But really rewarding at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. using that Charlie Day gif means you win at life!
    445? yeah no thank you lol but if i had to, i get ya, you'd get used to it pretty quick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! 4:45?! I've heard so many of my teacher friends complain about the dumb stuff their students say. So I can only imagine what you've heard lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a feeling that 4:45 a.m. wouldn't be nearly as kind to me as it was to you.

    -Kate
    www.theflorkens.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My roommate who is a teacher gets up that early too - I don't know how you guys do it! And the bored at work thing happens to us all I'm afraid! At least you have high school kids to throw in some interest every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get upset that the rest of the world isn't up and available for me to be productive since I get up so early. I have to WAIT for people to get to work at 7 or 8. WTF people, I got shit to accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good lord... that is wayyyy too fucking early for me! hahaha 7 is my limit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You wake up when it is still dark. This my friend should be against the law!

    ReplyDelete