Monday, August 25, 2014

Kid Time Is Upon Us

Friday

Please ignore my obnoxious voice...anyway...I was nominated twice the day before & I know it looks like I missed ha but I promise my front was wet lol.  I'm also donating.  Mr. Fireman came over to film it for me.  Afterwards he took me out for Mexican at a little place neither of us had been to, we watched part of Crazy Stupid Love because it was on...I love it...& he had never seen it, & in the morning he took me out for breakfast at another Mexican place that neither of us had been to.  Both places were really good.  

He also told me why he had bailed last Saturday & I felt so bad for being upset until my cousin said "well it's not like he told you why then so you didn't know" which was very accurate.  On Mr. Fireman's birthday (so last Friday) his friend's brother died of cancer so he spent Saturday hanging out with his friend drinking & talking on the beach.

Saturday
After breakfast I tried to nap before heading off to my CHL class.  I passed!  That pretty much took up my entire day though so I really have nothing exciting to report ha.  I left at 1 pm & didn't get home until almost 9 pm.  Mr. Fireman called me after my class was over though to see how I did.  So apparently telling him that I wasn't going to be the one to try anymore & that I wanted to see/talk to him but if it was going to happen it was going to be on him for awhile sparked something in him.

Once I got home I watched part of the Texans game & tried Merlot (gross!) before passing out cold.  Turns out they made a come back & won...the Vikings also won!

Sunday
I woke up not feeling all good.  I didn't know if it was the wine from the night before or if I was just getting sick.  I went to the grocery store so I could get stuff for meals this week.  I made these breakfast roll-ups.  I decided to take some DayQuil to try & get rid of my headache/sinus pressure so that I could go to volleyball later.  Turns out despite being non-drowsy I passed out cold for an hour & a half.  I only finally woke up so that I could go to bed at a decent time.  When I woke up I made these stuffed peppers that I saw on Amanda's blog.  I changed up the recipe a little though.  I used yellow peppers instead of poblano, I cut them in half instead of stuffing them whole, I used parsley instead of oregano, & used all cheddar cheese.  They were still really good though!  I also went to the laundromat for the first time in forever...must get my own W/D ASAP.  When I got home I tried some Cabernet & watched Dazed & Confused.  The wine was alright...not as awful as Merlot but it's still no Riesling.



6 comments:

  1. Riesling is my favorite, especially in the summer. I'm not a red wine drinker at all. I love Crazy Stupid Love too, it's so cute and the cast is some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better, those peppers look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so relieved that Mr. Fireman didn't turn out to be a jerk after all! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo for jumping right into reds, I cannot handle red wines. Crazy, Stupid, Love is the best, and I am happy that Mr. Fireman wasn't a jerk face after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on passing! and yay for mr fireman not being a jerk, sorry for his loss, but like you said, you didnt know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Laundromat is the WORST. When we moved into our apartment, one of my MUSTS was having a washer and dryer in our unit... sharing one sounds like a real pain in the ass.

    ReplyDelete