Monday, May 5, 2014

Playoffs, Crawfish, & College Station


Friday
Friday was game 1 of round 2 of the Stanley Cup playoffs.  Wild vs. Blackhawks.  A guy I was talking to on Tinder asked if I wanted to meet up to watch the game.  I was on the fence because I had next to no gas in my car & next to no money in my bank account until payday.  I asked him for his last name & I looked him up on Facebook.  Homegirl over here almost got catfished! (sort of)  The pictures he was using on Tinder were 5 years old...home boy looks absolutely nothing like that anymore & he has a majorly jacked up truck...I have a thing about guys with majorly jacked up trucks (it's not a good thing either).  So I lied...said my friend got dumped & I wasn't going to be able to make it.  That may make me a shallow bitch but I'm not even sorry.  Don't advertise yourself as something you're not anymore.

As far as the broken heart...it has nothing to do with the boy & everything to do with the Wild.  I decided to save my time, money, & sanity by watching the game at home in bed.  I cannot hang anymore.  On Wednesday I passed out in the 3rd period while watching the game.  On Friday I called it quits right about the time the 3rd period was starting.  At that point it was 0-2.  I figured maybe if I passed out like I did last time, we'd get it together like we did last time...or if we didn't I wouldn't have to be awake for the heartbreak.  I woke up at one point & noticed that it was 2-3.  I was stoked...we were making a come back...& then I passed out again.  I woke up later & saw the final score 2-5.  Glad I didn't stay up until the end.  Thank God it's only game one...the Wild need to get their shit together.

Saturday
That my friends...is Kyle Field...from the sky...& I took it.  I went on a 2nd date with the guy I met for coffee about a week or so ago...he still needs a name.  The original plan was to meet up at a crawfish festival in my town.  The end.  That happened.  We met up, I ate some crawfish while he ate some fried gator.  Then we walked around a little bit & sat outside my favorite happy hour bar listening to live music.  The guy was actually really good & I bought both of his CDs.  Mr. New Guy (someone please come up with a name) then asked if I wanted to go to the gun range or go flying...I told him either worked for me.  So he headed home to see if he could even get a plane.  He got one but had some stuff to do with his house so I took a much needed nap.  We met back up at 7 where he put me in a 2 person plane & flew me to College Station to eat at the Dixie Chicken.  Umm can I just say OMG!  Before I get into the *womp womp* let's talk about how freaking awesome that is.  Some guy rented a plane, flew me to his college town, just to eat supper and walk/drive around for a little bit before flying back home.  Never again in my lifetime will I go on a date as awesome as that.  Ready for the *womp womp*?  Something is seriously wrong with me y'all!  He is so nice, obviously creative, has a job, his own house, & all around on paper such a great guy.  However, something is missing.  I don't know what it is but I just don't feel "it" & I know that "it" exists...that spark.  I don't know if it's really not there or if I'm trippin over multiple possible things.  I'm just going to keep taking it day by day & see what happens.  Regardless, whether it works out with him or not...I will remember that date forever.

Sunday
I had to grade 3 assignments for 157 students.  That's 471 assignments btw... Luckily? not all of my kids show up or do their work.  I also watched more Breaking Bad & Round 2 Game 2 of the Stanley Cup playoffs.  All in all it was a pretty productive yet lazy Sunday.


I'm just going to start adding my Music Monday to my recap instead of posting twice...so here you have it...enjoy this week's tune.
Tim McGraw - Meanwhile Back At Mama's

5 comments:

  1. I also love the new Tim McGraw song. So good!

    And seriously, that date sounds like the Bachelor style. I can't believe that you got to do that. I so SO wish that something wasn't missing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UMMMM that is amazing! How about Mr. Guy with a Freaking Plane? Okay not a plane but a pilot's license. That's pretty freaking cool. I should have dated more! I hope he works out, just because I bet he's good for more stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hockey is dead to me. and we just got booted from the eastern conference playoffs so my city is lame.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good think you did your research before you met up with that dude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always felt like the way a man takes care of his car is how he will treat his lady...that's just from my experience lol. And NO that does not make you shallow...not even a little bit. OMG tell me, where do you get your balls from because I might need a pair. I don't care how long I've been with my guy, I am not letting him fly me anywhere...he couldn't even drive me in a plane down the runway...or air strip whatever it's called. All in all I'm glad you had fun and just give it time...you never know what he could be hiding (I mean that in a good way)

    ReplyDelete