Tuesday, April 1, 2014

In The End My Dear It'll All Be Ok

I'm going to attempt to do the A-Z April Blog Challenge.  Everyday (except Sundays) you blog about a topic that starts with whatever letter in the alphabet you happen to be on that day.  Since today is day 1...that would be the letter A.  There are so set topics, some are choosing to do a theme for their letters, others, like myself, are not.  Honestly, the first thing that popped into my head was apple.  Actually it went a little something like this: apple, boys, cars, duck, elephant.  Don't worry those won't be my topics ha.

For "A" I'll be using the topic of advice.  Don't worry, I'm not going to give y'all advice...

Dear younger me,

*stop being so afraid to answer questions in class...you're right...and if you're not who gives a fuck because it's not like anyone else is offering up an answer either*

*don't be afraid to join something because nobody else is doing it*

*maybe you should stop dealing with the petty "popular" girl shit sooner...although I give you props for realizing that it's petty by 7th grade*

*A B is not the end of the world...and neither is that C...but maybe you should take that dread of getting less than a A to college with you*

*Stop being so shy!  You're smart, funny, and gorgeous...hell if boys think you're good looking at 14 run with that shit...& know that you're going to get even prettier as you get older*

*Don't throw fits when you're parents don't want to let you go to parties with your boyfriend...you're 17...you don't need to be drinking with a bunch of 19/20 year old guys an hour away from home anyway*

*Don't spend so much time with your boyfriend in high school...make more time for your friends & family because I promise you that one day he's not going to be there anymore but those same friends & family that you stopped seeing as much will be*

*I know you think you're ready to walk down the aisle at 20 but you're not...and someday you'll be glad that you didn't actually get engaged*

*Don't be such an idiot when you have sex...*

*You don't hate your hometown & you aren't above living in a small town...you're going to move away & you're going to miss it & wish you had taken more advantage of all of it when you're gone*

*Enjoy life, all of it, because your dad is right when he says "memories...they aren't always good ones but they're always there"

*Stop trying to mother your little brother...he already has an amazing mother & all he really needs is a big sister/friend*



9 comments:

  1. What I wouldn't give to be able to go back and tell myself all of these things, too!!!!!!!!!! Live and learn, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great advice. I would love to go back and give my younger self some advice too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd go back to my younger self and give myself a great ol' bitch slap!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these kind of advice posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely some excellent advice here! Well said, Mom. Well said!

    Also, please turn off captcha, so you get more comments during the Challenge.

    MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches


    ReplyDelete
  6. All fab advice! Ahh that we could go back some days and have that chat!

    Happy A to Z-ing!
    ~Anna
    My A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, those are all so true! I should show my teenager! LOL It's been great reading your post! I look to reading more! :)

    {A-Z Challenge}

    ReplyDelete