U is for Unique
Yesterday Tiffany did a post about 10 things about her. I really liked the idea but I had already used T for Texas yesterday. Then it hit me, I don't have any idea what to do for U anyway...unique starts with U...I can do 10 unique things about me!
1. I got my first tattoo at 22 & have gotten 1 a year every year since...I'm getting my 4th soon.
2. When given the option 9 times out of 10 I will choose to be in the car alone. I don't mind road trips with certain people but I much prefer it to be my me time whether it's the 30 min to work or the 20 hours between MN & TX.
3. It wasn't until the last year or 2 that I genuinely thought I was pretty & became happy with the way I look.
4. I was the epitome of Suzy High School. I played volleball in 7 & 8 grade. I played softball 7-10 grade. I was a football manager 9-11 grade. I was a boys' basketball manager 9-12 grade. I was on student council 9, 11, & 12 grade. I was a SADD officer in 9 grade. I was junior class treasurer. I was senior class vice president. I was in NHS 7-12 grade. I spoke at graduation. I was in yearbook 9, 10, & 11 grade.
5. I had the option of my parents buying my first car or paying for my school trip to Germany. I obviously chose Germany. Because of that I didn't get a car until spring semester of my senior year.
6. The wanderlust bug hit me at a young age. I've been to 28 states, 5 countries, & I'm nowhere near satisfied.
7. Country music is my life. I could, & do, listen to it all day everyday. I will throw in some other genres from time to time but it's usually country.
8. I would rather spend my money on trips/events/going out with friends than material objects.
9. Growing up we always had a dog. Even though I've lived in Texas for 2 years now & haven't had a dog of my own I still tell people I have one...he just lives 1300 miles away.
10. There was a time at the end of high school where I thought I was too good for my little town & planned on moving to the burbs to make a life there. Eff that noise. Give me back the sticks.