Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Have Patience God Isn't Finished Yet


Without going into too much crazy detail Mr. Fireman ended on March 11th...officially the 12th.  After not talking for 4 days we had a serious heart to heart about how I could no longer be the only one to try & he looked me in the eye promising that we would still talk & hang out.  The next morning he blocked me on the website we met on (I know this because all of our messages disappeard.)

After praying daily to God about him for the nearly 9 months that we knew each other, and generally always getting my way with God, praying for him stopped working.  The crazy thing though is all of the little things that have been happening.  

As I was headed to Mr. Fireman's house to have said heart to heart Mr. Hipster sent me a flyer for a job fair just north of Dallas (my escape plan if Mr. Fireman & I didn't work out).  Before even talking to Mr. Fireman I responded telling Mr. Hipster I'd definitely be signing up.  The next morning after I found out Mr. Fireman had blocked me that's exactly what I did.  (Fingers crossed I get sent an interview time!) **This was Tuesday**

On Thursday I hung out with Miss Indiana who I hadn't seen in FOREVER!  We went out to lunch & then hung out at a park for awhile before heading back to her place to just talk some more & do our nails.  That night we were possibly going to go out dancing because we hadn't gone to a certain dance bar in awhile.  Now normally her boyfriend is NOT ok with this (that's a whole other story that I'll probably never get into because it's her life not mine).  However, not only was he ok with it he said that we definitely should go out & just have some fun girl time.  So...we did.  While she was dacning with some old guy this not old guy tapped me on the arm & we ended up talking the rest of the night.  He got my number & I even went back to his house afterwards to roast marshmallows with him & his roommate.  (Roasting marshmallows is all that happened & I honestly don't know how into him I am but should he ask I would hang out with him again).

On Sunday while I was being lazy watching movies, catching up on blogs, & just messing around on my computer in general I get a text message from a number that I no longer had in my contacts.  All it said was "Are you still single?"  I asked who it was & it turns out it was some guy that I had talked to before but had never actually gone out with.  So now there's that.  We'll see where that goes...if anywhere.

I'm still hurt/sad/mad/pissed off about Mr. Fireman & how everything went down but having such supportive friends to be around & talk to in the past 6 days, which have both seemed to fly by & feel like an eternity at the same time, paired with these random little opportunites coming up I can't help but think maybe it's God's way of telling me that I'm going to be ok with or without Mr. Fireman & that everything will work out one way or another.

...I still don't wanna stay in Houston though...sorry boys.







1 comment:

  1. ok, i'm going to pull out the 'older and wiser" card here but YOU'RE BETTER OFF WITHOUT HIM. your future with him would have been filled with this type of hurt and anxiety and general frustration and love isn't like that. love isn't supposed to make you feel shitty. i have been in relationships like that and they NEVER worked out.

    i know you're hurting right now but if he's going to be so childish as to block you and just stop talking to you, then 1) he never really cared all that much to begin with and 2) you investing your heart, energy and time with a guy like that just isn't worth it. HE isn't worth it. BUT YOU ARE.

    never ever let anyone treat you like that, B. going by your posts, he sounds like a selfish jerk who only thinks of himself first. you are not a doormat, therefore don't let anyone treat you as such. EVER.

    -kathy | Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete