1. You’re used to complete strangers labeling you.
2. People seem to think it’s okay to ask you if you have tattoos in any private places.
3. You’ve been told countless times that your tattoos won’t look good with your wedding dress.
4. Whenever you walk into a new tattoo shop, you’ll be greeted with a smirk and a portfolio of butterfly art.
Just because you’re a chick doesn’t mean you want something “girly.”
5. People assume you think you’re tough shit.
And you might be, but your tattoos don’t define your personality.
6. It’s hard to find an artist you feel comfortable getting mostly naked in front of.
7. Unlike they do with guys, artists will always make sure to stress how much it will hurt.
Yeah, I know. You’re putting needles into my skin.
8. Therefore, you feel you need to pretend to be stronger than you are so the guys in the shop won’t think you’re a wimp.
9. It’s super annoying when people tell you guys don’t like girls with tattoos.
10. Even though you don’t care what most people think, it’s hard not to worry about what your partner’s family will think.
11. People get irritated if you don’t want to talk about the meaning of your tattoos.
12. But if you don’t have a meaning behind it, they also get agitated.
I’m sorry, the art I chose to put on my body is offending you how?
13. If you’re a mom, you’re bound to be criticized for the “questionable” example you’re setting for your kids.
14. If you get a tattoo in another language, people will assume you don’t know what it means.
15. It’s hard striking the perfect balance between badass and feminine.
16. Other chicks at tattoo shops can sometimes be pretty unwelcoming and territorial.
Because being patronized by the guys wasn’t enough.
17. Some heavily-tattooed people will judge you if you only have a couple tiny tattoos.
18. If you have a tattoo, you’re probably tired of people asking if you think you’ll hate it in a few years.
19. You try not to fall for your tattoo artist during a long session.
20. Some people are really uncomfortable with the idea that not all of your tattoos are visible.
21. People love to ask you what your tattoos will look like when you’re older.
You know you’ll look smokin’ hot.
22. You’ve probably been told your tattoos will look horrible if you gain weight or get pregnant.
You do you, girl.
These Are Mine
-It's actually my right shoulder...good ol mirror picture. I got it May 2011
-This is my left hip. I got it June 2012
Left collarbone. "Funny how a melody sounds like a memory" May 2013.
For the record I'm ready for #4... but I figure I'll wait until May/June since that seems to be about when I get them. I'm going to get it on my right ribcage (not sure on the font...I kinda like the one I already have & that would make it more fluid..." I'm going back & forth between 2 sets of lyrics so any opinions between the 2 would be more than welcome.
"Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart"
"Most days in life don't stand out but life's about those days that will"