Monday, February 3, 2014

Hello February


Friday
-Mr. Fireman & I went to a BBQ Cook Off/Concert.  We saw Curtis Grimes.  That's really all my Friday consisted of but the whole night was a lot of fun.  We never did get any BBQ but we walked around, drank a couple beers, & listened to some great Texas Country.  The highlight of my night wasn't any of that though.  It was the most random moment of the night.  There came a moment on our drive home when we both had to pee incredibly bad so he suddenly pulled over & we dashed off to (separate) secluded areas to...well...pee & then got back in the truck & headed home like nothing odd just happened.  It was so random & normal (although it's never happened before) that I had to smile & laugh.  I suppose sorry if that was TMI but it's the little things in life ha.

Saturday
-I got my taxes done...by H & R Block...ya know what they didn't save me?  Anything.  In fact, by having them do my taxes I lost money.  I have never done my own taxes before but I thought I'd give it a shot & try it online.  I got to the end & it told me what my refund was & it was about half of what I received last year & way less than I was expecting to get.  So just to make sure I made an appointment.  You know what he told me?  The EXACT same amount I had come to.  So I paid a guy just over $100 to tell me what I already knew.  Lesson learned...from here on out this girl is doing her own taxes...
-I watched some more Dawson's Creek until my internet got a little wonky & then switched to cleaning out my DVR again.  I completely caught up on Hart of Dixie & Nashville.

Sunday
-I watched the Super Bowl at one of the coolest places possible for a history nerd. One of my friends moved into a building in downtown Houston that was formerly a fancy hotel built in 1912.  That would've been cool enough as it still looked fancy and vintage inside.  However!  The cherry on top for me was the fact that that place is the last place that Kennedy stayed before heading up to Dallas and getting assassinated.  The game itself isn't worth talking about. 

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love the Rice Lofts! My work hosts events in their event space! I had always heard the Kennedy story but then this year I heard that he had a room there but he and his wife decided to fly to Dallas late that night, so he never spent the night there. Not sure what is true because the Rice story is SO prevalent! That is an amazing area - hang out with your friend more and go to all the restaurants and bars near the 300 block of Main. That's my favorite part of the city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was told the pizza place next door is really good. Plus, she's not far from Minute Maid so I'm sure come baseball season I'll be down there a lot more!

      Delete