Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Motivation Has Abandoned Me


As I sit here typing this it has been a week since I have gone for any type of run.  The last time I laced up my running shoes was when I was headed downtown for the ABB 5K.  I have had absolutely zero motivation to get to the gym since then.  This is exactly what happened last time I did a 5K too.  It took me forever to get back into the gym.  I set a goal for myself though.  That goal was to run at least 300 miles this year which comes out to 25 miles a month...There are 7 days left in the month & I'm halfway at my goal.  To make 25 miles I have to run just under 2 miles a day, everyday.  In all reality that shouldn't be hard...2 miles is nothing.  The hard part is that I just can't get myself to get up and go.  Even the part of me that's feeling fat can't get myself to go.  There's a part that says "Bitch, in the last week you have eaten Whataburger, McDonalds, AND Burger King!  Get your ass to the gym!"  Then there's the part that fights back & says "So what!  I'm still at my goal weight so why is it so imperative to go?"

I just need to go.  There's nothing more to it than that.  The only thing that's going to get me to go is just...going.  The longer I don't go, the harder it's going to be to go.  So as soon as I finish this post and eat a spoonful of peanut butter (seriously I've been craving that shit like crazy lately) I'm going!  Ok, and finish this episode of Dawson's Creek...  Give me an hour & I'm gone!  I have a good 4-5 hours before I head over to see Mr. Fireman anyway so I might as well do something a little more productive than watching Dawson's Creek for the entire day...although tempting...

**Fingers crossed by the time you read this I'll have run a good 6 miles already**


2 comments:

  1. that's the thing, once you start to have the 'ugh, i don't want to go!" thoughts, you just need to push them out of your mind and lace up your runners! i have to roll out of bed at 5am FAST otherwise those "ugh...." thoughts get in there and then it's all over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to force myself to go a couple of times but still not everyday. Hopefully February goes better!

      Delete