Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 4: Hickory to Dayton, OH

The next morning we hit the road.  First stop, Granite Falls.  It really is a small town but we took a quick little drive through part of it & then headed off to Dayton, OH which is where the whole idea for this trip started.  When I student taught I had 3 roommates; 2 from Ohio & 1 from Indiana.  The one from Indy still teaches in the district I work in so we see each other fairly often.  The other 2 went back to Ohio so I hadn't seen them since April 2012.  I figured I would stop & see them on my way back to Minnesota & then it turned into a giant road trip.
 

Mountains in Virginia...I love the mountains so much.

Pit stop in West Virginia.

Finally with the roomies...and roomie's girlfriend.  We met up for supper & drinks in Dayton, which is about halfway between the roomies live.  It was so good to see them again & also equally hard to leave them again.  I miss those 2 so much and it was just like no time had passed between us.
 
My mom & I had to get up early the next morning because we had a long 12 hour drive ahead of us so we called it a night & headed back to the hotel.
 
The following morning we headed back to Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment