Saturday, March 23, 2013

28 Random Acts of Kindness

On Thursday I completed my 10th random act of kindness.  The day before I had a group of 5 girls ask me if I would donate money to one of their friends.  Apparently the friend's place burned down & she lost everything in the fire.  The friend also has a 2 month old son.  I told them I didn't have any cash.  Partly, because I never tell my students that I have cash (I usually don't) yet they still ask on a daily basis for money & partly because even though those 5 are some of my favorites I didn't want to just hand over the less than $10 in cash I had.  So the girls were brainstorming ways to raise money & get supplies for the friend.  I suggested they talk to some of the organizations on campus to see if they would do a fundraiser.  They started making a list of things they would buy with the money.  Most of the items included "fun" things such as baby clothes.  I really wanted to do something to help them out though so on my way home I stopped at Walmart.

Random Act of Kindness #10:

I picked up some different size diapers, wipes, & pacifiers & gave it to the girls at the end of class.  The looks on their faces was completely worth it.  (The chocolate is for me by the way ha)


2 comments:

  1. What a great act of kindness! I am sure they really appreciated it!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete