Saturday, February 2, 2013

He Was The One That Got Away--The Finale

I was checking my phone this morning before I had to head off to take a test.  Someone had sent me a message on Facebook & that's where I noticed that the boy had seen the message...not only had he seen it but according to my phone he saw it last Sunday...like the next morning after I had sent it.  So something is/was messed up with my Facebook.  Regardless, I've discovered I don't care.  Over the past week I've had time to: freak out, get insanely nervous, think about what would happen under any of the 3 possible circumstances (he responds & likes me, he responds & doesn't like me, or doesn't respond at all), & also what I want out of life.

I decided that whatever happens, happens & there's nothing I can do about it.
I decided that even if he didn't confess his undying love for me I can stop wondering what if.
I decided that while putting myself out there can be a little scary at least I'm doing something.
I decided that I was more in love with the idea of the boy that I actually was with the boy anymore.
I decided that I saw him as a ticket out of TX someday but that I'm not ready to leave & may never be.

So I'm being 100% honest when I say I am content with the outcome.  I also hope that nothing has drastically changed because while we don't talk all that often...I don't want it to be awkward when we do happen to run into each other or talk...but if it is then so be it.

2 comments:

  1. At least you put yourself out there and you don't have to wonder what would have happened if you would have said something!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! We've all been there. Putting ourselves out there is scary and nerve wrecking. But like you said, we have a choice on how to view it and deal with it.

    No need to make ourselves crazy thinking, we can (try to) let it be.

    If he's not the one, he's simply just not the one. Your man is out there :)

    Stephanie
    http://sharelovealways.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete