Friday, December 7, 2012

5k Friday

Monday December 3: So last week when I was running, all three days were a 5 minute warm up followed by 8 intervals of 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of brisk walking & ends with a 5 minute cool down. Today the program stepped it up.  It was a minute warm up followed by 6 intervals of 90 seconds of running followed by 2 minutes of walking and then ending with a 5 minute cool down.  I need to drink more water & eat more potassium.  Not to a complete Charlie Horse but my calves started cramping.  Other than that my biggest problem is I get a pain in my right side.  It got so bad on the last interval that I had to pause it so I could walk longer.  After I shower I'm going to hit up Google to see what I can do to prevent it.

Wednesday December 5: I did NOT want to go running today.  It was cold out.  By cold I mean about 65 degrees & cloudy.  However, I forced myself.  How am I going to go running when I'm back in MN & it's like 30 or lower and possibly snowy & icy?!  I had no side pain today!  I tried completely breathing through my nose while doing the running portions and it really helped.  My side only started to cramp briefly and it went away just as quickly as it came.  I still haven't quite decided if I'm going to run tomorrow or Friday like schedule because I have plans at 5ish on Friday & by the time I get home, run, shower, & get there it would be 5:30 or later.  Alright as I type that I think tomorrow it is.  Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler than Friday anyway.  Shower time, because I need to go to Target for the 3rd or 4th day in a row.  I basically live there.

Thursday December 6: Never in a million years did I think I would say that I actually enjoy running.  I got even farther today which means I'm running faster!  I started to get a side cramp on the 2nd interval.  Luckily it went away.  I'm pretty sure this time it was because I tried to eat more than normal right before.  As I was doing my cool down my friend called & asked if I wanted to go to dinner.  We got Mexican.  Which means I basically ate back all of those calories in the chips & salsa/queso alone ha.  Oh well.  I've been doing so well with the lack of fast food & eating fairly healthy anyway that what's a little splurge here & there.  Plus I didn't eat all of my meal because of it so now I have lunch for tomorrow.  Hopefully I'm able to make some healthy choices this weekend because I won't be back at my apartment until late Sunday night once I walk out the door tomorrow morning.  I'm going dancing, to an ugly sweater party, a birthday party, a bar to watch the Vikings/Bears game, & an event for school.

Day 8:
Weight - 166.6 lbs (down exactly 2 lbs)
Body Fat Weight - 43.7 lbs (down 1.1 lbs)
Body Fat Percentage - 26.3% (down .3%)
Body Water Percentage - 53.8% (up .3%)
Bone Mass Value - 7.1% (down .1%)
BMI - 24.1 (down .3)
Progress is progress.

1 comment:

  1. Heck yes...progress is progress!! I like your running recap for the week. Fun idea for a blog!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete