Friday, February 3, 2012

My Life In Texas Jan 31 - Feb 2

Tue. Jan 31: I can't believe that it's the last day of January already.  I've been in TX for almost 4 weeks exactly.  The kids finished their timelines today.  It went...well it went.  So many kids, especially towards the end of the day just didn't turn them in which means they will either get 0's or a max of 70 points if turned in late.  This assignment was a major grade that they had 5 days of in class time to work on.  There is no excuse for them not to finish...especially when a lot of kids DID turn them in.  So frustrating that they just don't care.  If they didn't turn one in they had to write a 1 page essay stating why they didn't.  A few of them had legit reasons.  Most of them however, bullshit.  I brought Zach to get his car after school.  I currently feel like shit.  I already napped for probably an hour cause I had a massive headache.  I didn't wake up feeling worse if anything...except for the headache being gone.  I pulled out some of my stuff to start planning lessons for the French Revolution starting next week.  Now I'm just going to read & sleep...hopefully wake up feeling better.

Wed. Feb 1: Today went by extremely fast.  The kids read out loud all hour & answered questions which made the time fly, at least for me.  I think they thought it drug on & on.  My teacher also surprised me with another "jeans pass" so I can wear jeans every Thursday as well as Friday in the month of February.  Love it!  We had our first student teaching meeting today after school.  It was fairly interesting.  I really liked the speaker.  He was good.  Kathy & I went to go watch the Varsity Girls' & Boys' soccer game after the meeting.  We go the end of the girls' game & they won 1 nothing.  We left a little before half time during the boys' game & they were down 1 nothing.  It was really fun though & the weather was so nice out.  Today would have been the perfect day to be in the sun if it hadn't been for that meeting.  Especially since it's supposed to rain through Sunday now.

Thu. Feb 2: Today was another speedy day.  The kids finished their reading & then played a matching game.  I love it.  This one had pictures & definitions from things related to the American Revolution.  It's great because not only do the kids have to know their stuff, but they enjoy it because it becomes a competition between the groups on who can get all the matches correct first.  I also finally worked out again today.  5.25 miles on the eliptical as well as some ab & thigh stuff.  My supervisor came in for a "pop-in" today & I wasn't quite sure what to expect like was she just going to stop in for awhile & watch but not do a formal observation or was she literally going to stop in & leave.  It was the later.  She just asked me how things were going & if I had any questions then maybe talked to my teacher for a minute & left.  It almost seemed pointless but nice at the same time because if I ever do have a question or a problem I don't have to wait for a formal observation or email.

No comments:

Post a Comment