Monday, June 6, 2011

Military Mondays

I wanted to bring back a reoccuring weekly theme and thought with Branden recently deploying why not make "Military Mondays". Each week will be different but will all relate to the military in some way shape or form whether it's a song, video, news story, etc. Each post will also start off with a relatable quote.
I decided to kick this thing off with the song "See You When I See You" by Jason Aldean because when Branden left I made him promise that we would never use the term "good-bye" during the deployment.

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis

This has been the longest week of my life.  It's only Thursday (I guess that's kind of cheating to schedule this) and it seriously feels like Branden left forever ago not just 4 days ago.  I have a donut of misery on my phone and that ain't going anywhere.  (I probably shouldn't check it daily).  It also feels that my 2-day meltdown of being tired and not really eating was forever ago when really it's only been 2 days.  Today isn't a good day either.  I'm not tired and I am eating but I'm definitely having and "I miss him" & "I'm feeling poor" day.  Watching a homecoming video on youtube wasn't all that helpful either.  I can only imagine that the remaining 3 days until this post goes live aren't going to go a whole lot faster either since I have nothing but work going on.

**With it being nearly noon on Sunday I can in fact verify that my Thursday prediction was right, the week didn't get any faster**

No comments:

Post a Comment