Thursday, June 9, 2011

Potential Government Shutdown

Don't worry, for those of you who don't live in Minnesota this doesn't affect you.  But with exactly 3 weeks to go, and no light at the end of the tunnel in sight, I'm really starting to freak out.  Besides the dozens of things that will be affected by the shut down, on a personal note, I won't be able to go back to school in the fall & my dad will get laid off from his job.  Not going back to school means that not only will I me another semester behind but also that I will start having to back back the mountain of student loans that I have.  And although my dad is not a state employee, his job does require him to go through state inspectors who would be laid off due to the shut down. 

Here is an article from a few days ago that basically outlines what is currently going on & some of what would be affected by the shut down.

Minnesota state workers girding for a shutdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment