Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Let the Journey Begin

Today is essentially the first day of what I am considering Branden's deployment.  That day is technically still 2.5 weeks away but he left for AT today which lasts 2 weeks and then he has 2-3 days home before his deployment begins.  If you had asked me a year ago, or even 7 months ago, I wouldn't have thought that I was going to be going through this deployment as a best friend but rather as a girlfriend.  I'm not going to lie when I say part of me is glad that I'm just the best friend.  Don't get me wrong I would have whole heartedly stuck by his side and endured it but from where I'm sitting right now it seems easier as the friend.  Or maybe that's because it hasn't really sunk it yet?  Who knows.  I'll let you know in 2.5 weeks how I'm feeling.  I'm not crying yet, although I have, but that could be because I know that I still get to see him at least once more before he leaves.  Not only is Branden deploying but so are 3 guys that I graduated with and one of my friends' husband.  I'm glad that at least they will be together.

This is going to be quite the year coming up and I'm so excited and nervous for it.  It will be my first real experience with someone really close to me deploying...even if I am just a friend, a year from now I will have graduated college, I'm going to be living back with my parents for most of the next year, & I just started a new job.  I'm even going to attempt keeping a hand written journal again since it's one of my 101 goals.  So here's to hoping that I have much more to update all of you on this year & that this upcoming year will have many more exciting posts than in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment