Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Tattoo

Since I was at least 16 I have wanted to get a tattoo.  The hard part was what to get.  I have changed my mind multiple times.  I finally made a decision & slept on in long enough to know that I wouldn't regret it.  I ended up choosing a pink hibiscus flower on my right shoulder blade.  The hibiscus has been my favorite flower for as long as I can remember & pink is my birth month color.  I also liked, but it really had nothing to do with my decision, that when I looked up it's meaning it came up with gentle & delicate beauty.  Eventually, when I have kids, I will vine it down & add smaller hibiscus flowers in the color of whatever their birth month color is.

I was terrified about getting it because I am kind of a baby when it comes to pain sometimes.  The entire day of the tattoo though I wasn't nervous at all...until it was time to leave to go get it.  The guy was super nice though & Branden went with me.  I'm not going to lie, it hurt.  Sometimes it was a dull pain that I could take but there were times, when it hit my bone, that it hurt so bad that I had to shut my eyes real tight & bite my lip.  Overall it took an hour & a half and after the tip ended up costing me about $180 which I felt was really good.  I love it & he did it way better than the picture that I gave him.




1 comment: