Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Quarter Life Crisis

At 22.5 years old I'm having a quarter life crisis.  I am not ready to grow up at all and it is fast approaching.  Things I am freaking out about:
  • The fact that I graduate in a year.
  • The fact that I am afraid I'm going to make a terrible teacher.
  • The fact that I'm afraid I'm not going to like being a teacher.
  • The fact that teaching jobs are hard to come by & I may not be able to find one.
  • The fact that I am thousands upon thousands of $ in debt from student loans.
  • The fact that even though I'm pretty damn mature, in just a year I really have to be a full blown grow-up.
  • The fact that lately I feel so jaded about love.
I know that I am still young but I just feel like life is catching up with me.  Like there are so many things that I want to do before I settle down and have a family but at the same time I don't want to wait a really long time to do the whole family thing.  Also, due to my massive debt, that I really won't be able to afford to do all of the things that I want to anyway.  For awhile I also had the urge to be a complete badass... ok it's still partially there.  In just a couple weeks I'm finally getting my first tattoo, don't worry it's not just a crisis thing I've wanted one since I was like 16, I currently have a motorcycle handbook in my purse so that I can eventually take the permit/license test, and for awhile for reason whatsoever other than it sounded BA I wanted to get my concealed carry license. 

So that's my current life in crisis.  I'm "running away" to TX and then hopefully WY or CO, I'm getting a tattoo, and then when funds allow it getting the motorcycle license I've wanted since I was 12.

Good news for all of you...the list is now complete except for the boy drama...which at this point I still have no clue how I feel about all of it...which adds to the jadedness.

Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment