Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Bad Bad Blogger

There have been so many things that I have been meaning to turn into blogs.  I mean well I really do.  But either I don't get enough (or any pictures) so I decide I just don't want to blog about it, or I do get the pictures but forget to blog about it.  Heck I even forgot until just now that I didn't even do a Music Monday a couple days ago.  In my defense on that one I was super sick on Monday & basically slept all day.  So I figured why the heck not give a little update while it's cold, snowy, & I'm alone.

Things I meant to blog about:
  • The Steak & Shrimp dinner my roommate & I made like 10 days ago (I do have pictures I just never got around to blogging about it)
  • Harry Potter 7 Part 1 (I completely phased writing about it)
  • I chopped my hair off. (I don't have a good before/after but I have pictures that will suffice)
  • My Lia Sophia party on the 20th (I ended up taking 2 pictures of food, & deleting them because I didn't get the rest of the food or any from the party)
  • The Jucy Lucy burgers my roommate & I made on Sunday (I had a picture, got sick...not from the burger...forgot to blog)
  • The Pure Romance my roommate had yesterday (I only ended up with 4 pictures)
But don't you people worry because this is going to be a quick run down of all of the above.

10 days ago, according to the time stamp on the pictures on my computer, my roommate Kayla & I were craving steak & shrimp.  So because we're poor we decided to find some knock off Applebees recipe & make our own.  It was delicious!
We then made garlic mashed potatoes with shrimp to go on the side.  In case any of you are curious, here is the recipe we used.  It was so amazing.  I would definitely make it again.  Just looking at the pictures and typing about it is making my mouth water.  We did have a lot of extra sauce though so we saved it & used it for shrimp & noodles another time.  Oh and we also didn't put any basil in the sauce.  I'm sure it would have made it even better we just never use it so we didn't want to buy it.


On November 18th, I guess technically the 19th, I went to go see Harry Potter 7 at midnight.  I need to see it again.  Why?  Because I learned 2 things that night.  1)I'm too old for midnight showings, especially when I've been up all day with class & work.  2)Movies will never be as good as the book & therefore I need to see it more than once to not be critical about what all was missed.  It really was a good movie.  Especially for those people who love Harry Potter but haven't read the books.  I liked it, I'm sure I'll buy it, I just need to see it again without being all why was that left out? Hmm that's a little different?


On the 19th, I chopped my hair off.  I had wanted to attempt to grow it out but it was getting so awkward & I couldn't do anything with it so I chopped it and dyed it.  It's shorter than the picture I showed the girl & I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first but it's growing on me.  I just had my mom dye it & I love the color.  I had it cut sort of like this before but different? Haha I don't know they were similar but they aren't quite the same.  Please ignore my face in the after.  The picture was taking FOR-EV-ER & I could not just smile anymore. 



On the 20th I had a Lia Sophia party.  For those of you who don't know, it's a jewelry party.  Now since none of you really know me, me having a jewelry party may seem like no big deal.  But here's the thing, I don't even really wear jewelry.  I've had my ears pierced since kindergartedn & rarely even wear earrings.  It's not that I'm anti-jewelry, I do own some & I will wear it, it just hardly EVER EVER happens.  So why in the world did I have a party then?  Because the consultant is a pushy pushy lady.  I went to a party with a friend months ago, played a game, ended up with a "book a party" & the lady does NOT, under any circumstances, let you off the hook.  So a party I had.  I made olive dip, recipe courtesy of Keeping up with the Sonneks <3.  It was sooo good.  Everyone else thought so too.  I even had someone ask for the recipe.  I also made snicker salad, got some pre-made mini cheese cakes, & pinwheels.  The party went alright.  I didn't get anything at all out of the party.  Which is why I learned, if you're going to do a jewelry party, go through Premier.  I was like $40 short even though a lot of people ordered stuff & even then I would have only gotten up to $50 worth of free stuff.  Primier is cheaper & you get better deals for hosting a party.

On the 21st when I got home from my parents' my roommate & I decided to make our own Jucy Lucy's.  In case you aren't from MN or never watch Man v. Food, or maybe if you are/have but still don't know what a Jucy Lucy is, it's a burger filled with cheese.  So so good.  Sorry it's sideways I don't know why.  It wasn't sideways on my computer.  Oh well you get the idea.  The original Jucy Lucy can be found at Matt's Bar in Minneapolis.

Annnd finally... yesterday.  Yesterday my roommate had a pure romance party.  It was a lot of fun but I didn't really get any pictures.  We made some snicker salad, brownies, veggie pizza, chips/dip, & punch.  We also drew names for our Christmas party in a few weeks.  It was great to just have a big girls night & relax.
These were the only pictures I got from the party.  The girl is my friend Sonja shaking around a giant...well... it as a pure romance party what do you think it was??

No comments:

Post a Comment